iOS Mobile Application Developer at Accelo
Apply to Accelo
Apply to Accelo
Accelo is looking for a passionate and driven iOS native application developer to join our growing agile team of experienced and innovative engineers to build our iOS mobile platform. We constantly strive for a culture of quality and keep up with current tools and techniques. You'll play a key role in maintaining and improving our iOS app.
Who we are
Founded in Wollongong, Accelo is a venture-backed vertical SaaS company whose mission is to help service businesses succeed. With close to 100 staff across three offices in Wollongong, Denver and San Francisco, our Wollongong team is our largest, and is home to all of our product design, development, QA, security and systems team members.
Our teams are self-organising, and highly autonomous. We adhere to Agile principles and collaborate with the product and design teams as much as possible. This approach requires a huge amount of teamwork and maturity that may not be right for everyone, but we believe it’s the best way to create great software.
Continuous Delivery is deeply embedded within the way that we work. However, we know that typing is not the main bottleneck so we are constantly looking to improve all we do.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in software development in a team context and a passion for building things that thousands of real people benefit from every day.
- At least 1 year of commercial experience in Native iOS application development.
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and creative mindset that thrives on solving problems and creating something awesome with code.
- Writing unit tests and creating clean code.
- An eye for detail and software design.
- An understanding of the importance of how tech and product are tightly coupled, and the ability to provide input on both.
- Experience building sustainable architecture and performance optimisation.
- The ability to speak eloquently on a range of topics based on experience, reading and experimentation.
- Required experience with the core technologies we use:
- iOS application development in Objective C and preferably Swift.
- Consuming RESTFUL APIs with JSON.
- iOS View / View Controller lifecycle.
- Experience with related processes, technologies and libraries we use. Including but not limited to:
- Git, Bitbucket with GitFlow workflow.
- Agile Scrum in Jira, Slack.
- TDD - Test Driven Development.
- MVVM architecture pattern.
- CocoaTouch, UIKit, Auto Layout.
- AFNetworking, ReactiveCocoa 2.5, RealmDB, Mantle.
- Firebase Analytics and Crashlytics.
- Google iOS SDKs (Sign In, Places, Maps).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology or an Engineering discipline (though relevant experience without a degree will be valued highly).
What we're offering
- Competitive salary
- Centrally located office with great access via public transport, amazing view and fun office culture
- Flexible working hours and conditions (beanbags, lounges & stand-up desks!)
- Many office perks, including self serve espresso and drip coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, catered Friday lunches, and a few office dogs who love to drop in for regular visits
- We regularly attend conferences and community events, both as participants and as contributors
- We’re a big part of the “Siligong” community and proud of it
- We spend time in the office learning together. There is a weekly book club and we encourage Pair Programming / the use of other XP methods
- Like to take a peek into our office? This short video will give you a bit of glimpse: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT80sGIxFh0
How to apply
Fill out the linked application and tell us about yourself. Include your resume and any sample work you may be personally proud of (we'd love to see full-fledged or pet projects). Please note that applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered, so make sure you include one to tell us about yourself and why you're interested in working at Accelo!
- 6-8 Regent Street, Wollongong, NSW, 2500