Software Engineering Team Leader at Accelo
Accelo is looking for an experienced Engineering Team Lead to join our growing Wollongong development team.
Who we are
Founded in Wollongong, Accelo is a venture-backed, San Francisco Headquartered vertical SaaS company whose mission is to help service businesses to succeed. With over 100 staff around the world, our Wollongong office is our largest and home to all of our product design, development, QA, security and systems team members.
Our teams are self-organising and highly autonomous. We adhere to Agile principles and collaborate with the product and design teams as much as possible. This approach requires a huge amount of teamwork and maturity, but we believe it’s the best way to create great software.
- Mentoring and coaching a team of 4-6 web app developers and overseeing team performance
- Providing career progression planning, technical leadership and guidance
- Determining team priorities and roadmap by working with our Product Team
- Foster a culture of high performance and quality work in alignment with company values and culture
- Evaluating how projects are run and identifying ways to improve quality and throughput
- Facilitating standups and managing sprints to ensure that projects within your portfolio are on track
- Assist in managing development projects from solution design to delivery
- Advocating for your team regarding capacity, innovation and other initiatives
- Communicate projects, endeavors, and progress within your team and to all relevant stakeholders
- Experience in a similar leadership role in a technical environment
- Broad knowledge in software development technologies, methodologies, and general software design patterns
- Excellent people & communication skills
Bonus points for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology or Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Experience with the technologies we use, including, but not limited to:
- Perl, Python, Node.js
- AWS (Lambda, Aurora, S3, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Containers)
- Groovy + Selenium + Katalon Studio
- Git, Bitbucket
- Experience in developing business focused apps
- SaaS experience
What we're offering
- Competitive salary
- Centrally located office with great access via public transport, amazing view and fun office culture
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Family friendly culture
- Many office perks, including self serve espresso and drip coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, drinks fridge, catered Friday lunches plus a few office dogs who love to drop in for regular visits.
- We regularly attend conferences and community events, both as participants and as contributors.
- We’re a big part of the “Siligong” community and proud of it.
- We spend time in the office learning together. There is a weekly book club and we encourage Pair Programming and the use of other XP methods.
- Like to take a peek into our office? This short video will give you a bit of glimpse: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT80sGIxFh0
How to apply
Fill out the linked application and tell us about yourself.
Please note that applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered, so make sure you include one and let us know a bit about yourself and why you’d be a good fit for this role.
- 6-8 Regent Street, Wollongong, NSW, 2500