FP&A Manager at Airtasker
Job DescriptionApply to Airtasker
Airtasker is a fast-growing online and mobile marketplace for local services. We are revolutionising the way people and businesses get more done by connecting real time skills requirements with one of the world's most under-utilised assets - people power. Airtasker has global ambitions and following a recent capital raise we are well funded to execute on our vision and continue our international expansion.
We’re hard at work building a globally scalable platform that empowers people to realise the full value of their skills, no matter what they do. Our highly motivated teams work collaboratively to solve fascinating real world problems that meaningfully improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people who use our marketplace. High performance is a given at Airtasker and our Finance team is no exception, partnering the business by providing vital insights to support strategic decision making.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced FP&A Lead to join our team in a newly created role. Reporting to the CFO, you will embed a culture of FP&A best practice within Airtasker. You may currently manage an FP&A function or have strong FP&A experience and be ready to take the next step in your career.
You will be responsible for
- Embedding a culture of FP&A best practice within Airtasker.
- Providing financial analysis, management support and critical insight into all aspects of the business to support strategic decision making.
- Business planning, budgeting and forecasting, including managing the corporate financial model with support from our accounting function.
- Undertaking scenario analysis as an input to strategic decision making.
- Refining a set of KPIs against which business performance is measured and improved, including customer LTV and CAC.
- Working with the Financial Controller to prepare a comprehensive variance analysis for monthly management reporting.
- Developing a deep understanding of the businesses’ complex revenue streams.
- Assisting the CFO with optimising capital allocation and capital raising initiatives.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes.
- Ad hoc reporting and project analysis to support new initiatives.
- Anticipating obstacles and potential problems to mitigate risk.
- Optimising working capital.
- Optimising Finance team processes.
- Supporting and mentoring team members (both within and outside Finance) to build FP&A expertise within Airtasker.
What we're looking for
- CA/CPA qualified.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Proven track record of delivering corporate budgets, forecasts and reporting.
- Experience building and maintaining best practice corporate financial models.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills combined with commercial acumen.
- Ability to concisely communicate financial information to a broad audience including the Board and non-financial colleagues.
- Highly proficient in financial statement analysis.
- Dedication to continuous improvement, including research and adoption of new tools and systems to improve accuracy and automation.
- The ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing demands in a fast growing environment.
- Advanced problem solving and project management skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Curiosity and a burning desire to understand what makes things tick.
On our wishlist
- Capital raising / M&A experience.
- Experience using Netsuite and Tableau.
- Previous experience in the Technology space or other high growth environments.
- 17-19 Bridge Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000