Software Engineer (iOS) at Airtasker
Job DescriptionApply to Airtasker
Airtasker is a fast-growing online and mobile marketplace for local services and temporary labour. We are revolutionising the way people and businesses get more done by connecting real time labour requirements with one of the world's most underutilised assets - people power.
Airtasker has big ambitions and recently raised $33M worth of funding as we go international, with the UK being the first country to plant our flag! We are building a talented team with opportunities to make a real impact in a hyper-growth and solutions-oriented environment.
Airtasker is building an app-first culture: our mobile strategy underpins our growth that has led to 5-times year-on-year revenue growth and close to two million customers. We are a highly capable and collaborative team with an ability to develop solutions for the most challenging of problems. This role provides the opportunity to learn from strong technologists, under the direction of an established VP of Engineering, within one of Australia’s fastest growing tech startups.
You will be responsible for
- Building a native iOS app for the Airtasker marketplace
- Scoping new features for the platform with the Product and UX teams
- Contributing to the engineering roadmap
- Managing multiple projects across the business simultaneously
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 5 years' commercial iOS application development experience
- Experience with Swift and Objective-C
- Worked with and utilised APIs to achieve scale
- Deep knowledge of native iOS architecture, frameworks, and the Xcode IDE
- Work in an Agile manner, able to iterate through user stories and apply unit & UI testing techniques
- Able to translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Effective collaborator with both non-technical and technical team members
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related IT discipline
On our wishlist
- Working knowledge of software testing methods, quality assurance and automated testing
- Contributed to the open source community
- Interest in the start-up and technology community
- 17-19 Bridge Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000