DevOps Engineer at Airwallex
Apply to Airwallex
Apply to Airwallex
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all sizes to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including Sequoia, DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
With offices currently in Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, London and San Francisco, we offer a truly global experience for all employees.
At Airwallex we focus on honing our product engineering craft in order to support the exponential growth of our business.
As a DevOps engineer, you will work within a feature team to deliver business outcomes not just product features. You will guide the feature team on the infrastructural, build and deployment capabilities required to support feature delivery, using modern engineering and infrastructure automation.
You will bring to the team a level of expertise in operational platform management, developing monitoring and anomaly detection capabilities that will decrease time to discover problems an allow our teams to increase stability whilst not sacrificing agility or security.
Skills and experience you will bring
- A strong passion for automation and repeatable processes
- Advanced knowledge of AWS, GCP and or Aliyun cloud
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Advanced knowledge of components and technologies in a modern web stack including Java, Kotlin, Python.
- Good understanding of containerization including Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes
- Ability to own an idea from inception through to implementation
- A fervent enthusiasm for committing "all the things" to source control
- A commitment to producing high quality and tested solutions
- A love for operational metrics including MTTD & MTTR and the capabilities and practices that allow these to be continually improved upon
- Excellent understanding of OS, platform and network security practices, patterns and frameworks
- Network topology and infrastructure architectures on Linux based platforms
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- 15 William Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000