Events & Community Engagement Manager at Airwallex
Apply to Airwallex
Apply to Airwallex
Airwallex is one of the most exciting Fintech start-ups in Australia. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all sizes to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
We started Airwallex because we knew there was a better way to make global payments. Since 2015 we’ve been driven by a simple goal – to simplify and enhance the lives of the people and the businesses we serve by connecting them through smart cross-border payment technology.
With offices currently in Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, London and San Francisco, we offer a truly global experience for all employees.
The Events & Community Manager is a core member of the growth team, responsible for increasing Airwallex’s brand awareness and driving customer activation through various events and community engagement initiatives. Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Developing and executing on Airwallex’s events strategy, including both sponsored and hosted events
- Liaising with key event vendors including event organisers, merchandising, booth setup
- Collaborating with key Airwallex partners to identify opportunities for co-hosting events
- Developing an ongoing community engagement strategy to raise Airwallex’s brand awareness and activate target customer and partner segments, with a particular focus on the start up, tech and investor ecosystem
- Co-creating thought-leadership content or webinars for distribution to target customers and partner segments
Who you are
- You are success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- You consistently “go the extra mile” in your work
- You are a strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to developing growth strategies
- You work collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- You have the ability to synthesise and communicate in a simple but effective manner
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years working experience
- Prior experience in events and community engagement marketing preferred
- Excellent written communication skills
- Some domestic and international travel required
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- 15 William Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000