Head of Communications and Brand at Airwallex
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all sizes to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including Sequoia, DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
With offices currently in Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, London and San Francisco, we offer a truly global experience for all employees.
As Head of Comms/Brand, you will be responsible for managing global English-language communications, both internal and external, and public relations.
You will develop, implement and own a comprehensive global strategy to optimise communications and public relations, with key deliverables including:
- A consistent stream of high quality, targeted press coverage across multiple English-speaking markets highlighting Airwallex’s impact and benefits for end customers,
- Amplifying customer success stories and elevating customer voices through case studies, testimonials and referral campaigns,
- Optimising messaging internally and externally to ensure alignment with Airwallex’s brand,
- Developing and executing against tangible KPIs for communications and PR.
You will work closely with all key functions in the business, including marketing, growth, strategy and product to deliver against your objectives.
The successful candidate for this role will have experience delivering outcomes in communications and public relations in a similar role or function, preferably at a startup. We need a mature, well-rounded, self-starter who can work independently to begin with, then build a multi-faceted team to grow with the business.
Who you are
- You are fast paced - you can successfully create and implement communications and PR initiatives in a dynamic environment, preferably at a similar tech startup.
- You take ownership - and have a network of journalists and contacts and prefer to own / deliver news coverage outcomes yourself, rather than use an external agency.
- You have a growth mindset – taking projects and initiatives from strategy to execution.
- You are a thought leader – who enjoys sharing your knowledge and keeping across the latest trends and insights in the tech landscape.
- You are a natural leader – you thrive when teaching others as well as learning from people at all levels of the organisation
- You are a collaborator - you can work with individuals and teams around the world, including across multiple time zones.
Skills and experience you will bring
- 5+ years in communications and PR, having delivered successful outcomes in these areas, preferably at a similar tech startup
- Experience at a tech startup (especially fintech) is highly desirable, though not essential
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are a must
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- 15 William Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000