Office Assistant at Airwallex
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all sizes to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including Sequoia, DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
With offices currently in Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, London and San Francisco, we offer a truly global experience for all employees.
Reporting to the Office Manager/Executive Assistant, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow, ultimately being able to step into any part of their role as required.
- Greet all visitors to Airwallex Melbourne warmly, announcing their arrival appropriately, and ensuring adherence to office security requirements
- Answer, screen, and direct incoming telephone calls
- Keep the office well-stocked - in addition to stationery and other office supplies, we offer our team perks such as snacks, breakfast goodies, a great coffee machine, fresh fruit, and Friday Night Drinks
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and booking couriers as requested
- Liaise with building management on matters of security, facility, and access
- Assist with the coordination of events and meetings inc. catering requirements, room bookings, and documentation preparation
- Communicate key office updates to the Melbourne Team
- Support the EA/Office Manager in their duties as required
- Provide administrative support to the CEO, and other senior leaders as required
- Assist the HR Director with on-boarding processes for new starters and other ad-hoc requests
Who you are
- You are success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- You consistently “go the extra mile” in your work
- You are execution oriented, with good instincts for anticipating needs and changes
- You are maniacal about detail and organisation; a stellar multi-tasker
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating proactively and directly
- You are reliable, understanding that your punctuality and presence supports a positive experience for the Airwallex team and their visitors
- You have a low-ego attitude – ready and excited to conquer any task.
- You are smart, presentable, meticulous, well organised and an excellent team player;
- You can maintain total discretion on all matters, confidential or otherwise, business or personal
- You work collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- You have good judgement and are able to meet challenges with a sense of calm and confidence
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- 15 William Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000