Operations Manager at Airwallex
Apply to Airwallex
Apply to Airwallex
Airwallex is one of the most exciting Fintech start-ups in Australia. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all sizes to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
We started Airwallex because we knew there was a better way to make global payments. Since 2015 we’ve been driven by a simple goal – to simplify and enhance the lives of the people and the businesses we serve by connecting them through smart cross-border payment technology.
With offices currently in Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, London and San Francisco, we offer a truly global experience for all employees.
Reporting to Global Head of Customer Success, this newly created role will see you owning the Operations function including compliance operations, payment operations and fraud operations in Australia. With our business continuing to expand globally and our Australian client base scaling rapidly, the Operations Manager will have the opportunity to build and lead a team in a way that is efficient and able to scale globally.
Through optimising current operations processes and implementing new ones, the ultimate goal of this function is to ensure all rules and regulations are followed and that the end users experience is as seamless as possible.
- Manage the daily operation and monitoring of AML/compliance programs.
- Work with the Compliance Manager to operationalise emerging regulatory and compliance requirements (such as KYC, AML, CTF) on a regular basis.
- Support, execute and monitor key compliance operations functions including transaction monitoring, KYC and screening.
- Manage payment and treasury related operations across the Australian business.
- Help measure, report and action decisions to improve existing operations team processes and functions.
- Strengthen existing processes and help devise new processes to improve global operations capabilities.
- A natural leader - You have strong leadership skills that enable you to influence and motivate those around you
- A decision maker - You are not afraid to call the shots in order to move forward
- A people person - building relationships with internal and external stakeholders comes easily to you
- Extremely curious - Your analytical skills are second to none and excel gets you excited
- Process Driven - You enjoy following and creating procedures to ensure an efficient and well documented process
- A team player - But you enjoy working independently as much as you enjoy working with a team
- A master prioritiser - You use your sound judgement to assess all of the tasks at hand and make the decision on the order in which you complete each task
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- 15 William Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000