Principal Engineer at Airwallex
Job DescriptionApply to Airwallex
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all sizes to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including Sequoia, DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
With offices currently in Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, London and San Francisco, we offer a truly global experience for all employees.
At Airwallex we focus on honing our product engineering craft in order to support the exponential growth of the business.
As a Principal Engineer, you will lead the design of and write code for mission critical, highly complex business problems. You will introduce and advise on modern engineering patterns, continually bring your team to the front of the curve.
Our feature teams deliver business outcomes, not just product features and as a domain or technology expert, you will play a pivotal role in instilling engineering principals across multiple feature teams within the organisation.
Who you are
- You are a well-rounded engineer – with experience in Java, Kotlin, Spring/ Spring Boot
- You love scale - Having worked on high volume distributed systems in the past
- You test your code– you produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You know API’s – from designing to building REST APIs
- You are a collaborator– fostering effective teamwork in multi-disciplinary squads across regions
- You are a thought leader - Attracting other senior hires to the company through your knowledge sharing
- You are a passionate problem solver – weighing up pros and cons of new tech solutions before implementing them with your team
Skills and experience you will bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- Exposure to AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) Aliyun (Similar stack) with docker and Kubernetes
- Have helped organisations to scale building globally distributed, high transaction volumes platforms
- Are a technology leader with deep knowledge of engineering patterns and frameworks
- A senior committer to widely used open source projects
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More jobs at Airwallex
- 15 William Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000