Product Manager - Payment Acceptance at Airwallex
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all sizes to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including Sequoia, DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
With offices currently in Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, London and San Francisco, we offer a truly global experience for all employees.
This broad role will see you creating and optimising a frictionless payment platform. As a Product Manager you will be wearing many hats; from creating requirements, writing user stories, participating in story mapping workshops and working with developers, your analytical background will enable you ask the right questions and your proactive nature will see you involving the right stakeholders.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager with a strong Business Analyst background who is excited about making an immediate impact on our business. As a rapidly growing startup, there is a lot to figure out and we need people who thrive in ambiguity and an environment of cohesive but rapid change.
- You are detailed– with the ability to stay focused on what is important to users and the business
- You are a team player - you love assisting product managers to deliver new products by conducting rigorous business analysis activities such as requirements gathering, process mapping and redesign right through to product delivery.
- You are proactive– Taking the initiative to partner with Internal and External Stakeholders to identify and deliver product solutions that increase both revenue and enhance the operational efficiency of the platform.
- You are collaborative – Collaborating with Senior Management, Software Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Compliance on product development during the analysis phase to assess value, usability and feasibility
- You are technically minded – with the ability to work with the Development team to design product solutions that will drive a best-in-class digital experiences
- You are knowledgeable – Create user stories for new features or updates to existing features and owning knowledge of the product front-to-back to assist product managers in making clear decisions when required
- You are adaptable – you think on your feet and quickly make well-reasoned decisions with limited data
- You are a storyteller – you excite peers and get everyone onboard with the product visions
Skills and experience you will bring
- 3-6 years’ of Product Management experience
- Payments industry experience; particularly in e-wallet, digital wallet, mobile payment, payment gateway, e-money license background is preferable
- Demonstrable experience integrating APIs of third party online providers (acquiring banks, payment service providers, risk service providers
- Understanding of Payment Fraud and Chargebacks is a plus
- Understanding of card schemes/card networks transactional flow is a plus
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- 15 William Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000