UI Designer at Airwallex
Job DescriptionApply to Airwallex
Airwallex is one of the most exciting and well-capitalised fintech start-ups. We have built an end-to-end cross-border payments platform that allows businesses of all sizes to scale in the increasingly global marketplace. Our solutions enable businesses to manage their cross-border flows programmatically at the lowest costs possible.
Backed by industry icons including Sequoia, DST Global, Tencent, Mastercard, Hillhouse, Square Peg Capital, Gobi Partners and Horizon Ventures, we have raised over US$200 million with a valuation in excess of $1B which makes us one of Australia's Tech Unicorns.
With offices currently in Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, London and San Francisco, we offer a truly global experience for all employees.
You will help our feature teams meet customers' high expectations for quality and familiarity by designing the core interface elements, icons, text styles, and uniform terminology that make up the Airwallex design language and component library. You will work across feature teams to identify emerging trends, and turn them into reusable patterns; develop and maintain the Design Systems documentation; and advocate for UI standards and accessibility with designers, engineers, and stakeholders.
Who you are
- You are user focused – with an innate ability to translate the users desires into usable, useful, effective and efficient experiences
- You are a master communicator – who can provide information verbally and visually through low and mid-fidelity renderings (from paper to clickable prototypes)
- You can uncover unmet needs for the Design System from customers, your fellow designers, engineers and other key stakeholders, and identify opportunities to make it more powerful and usable.
- You are feedback driven – you test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wire frames, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique.
- You can spot opportunities to apply standards to new features, but know and support when it's time for the system to evolve.
- You identify new design trends emerging in the design community and find significant ways to incorporate them into Airwallex's design system.
Skills and experience you will bring
- 5+ years of design experience focused on unifying UI design across multiple teams with differing goals and priorities—including developing and maintaining a Design System.
- A portfolio of work that showcases perfection in user experience and visual design.
- Ability to create sketches, wireframes, high fidelity prototypes, and written documentation, and organise them into libraries that are easy and enjoyable for other designers to use.
- Highly skilled in Sketch or similar tools.
- Ability to advocate for UI consistency with designers, engineers and other key stakeholders through writing, visuals, and presentations.
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and inclusive design practices.
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project.
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More jobs at Airwallex
- 15 William Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000