Senior Content Writer at Autopilot
Apply to Autopilot
Apply to Autopilot
Autopilot is an Australian founded global marketing software automation business. We provide simple, elegant, yet highly powerful visual marketing journeys, helping thousands of businesses create personal connections with every customer at scale, configuring their customer engagement to the right moment, right time and most effective channel.
We enable marketers to capture and convert new leads, connect more closely with their customers, drive repeat and higher frequency of engagement, all at a granular level of visibility that our customers can scale into the millions and build lasting commercial success.
The category of marketing automation software is expanding and changing rapidly, and we are configuring our business to capitalise and lead the next wave of growth in this market. Autopilot has offices in Sydney and the United States and to date has raised over US$30m in funding, with backing from Blackbird Ventures, Southern Cross Ventures and Salesforce Ventures among others.
What we are after
With rapid growth in our business, we are building out a world-class marketing team, based in Sydney. We are seeking a creative, thoughtful and adaptive writer to contribute compelling and interesting content and articles for our customers and community. Most importantly, we are looking for a writer to bring an innovative perspective on emerging trends in the industry, together with insight that articulate the compelling value of Autopilot’s proposition and story.
What you would do
Working alongside another full-time writer, this newly created position will expand our writing team and be accountable for producing engaging stories and original articles at a relatively high cadence. The content will span short, medium and long-form formats, and you will need to adapt quickly to finding new sources of content to explore, supporting the commercial focus of the business. This will increasingly focus on stories connected to eCommerce and D2C brands.
Specifically, you would be expected to
- Own your content ‘map’ for the week and month. Collaborate across teams to understand key product themes, customer solutions, and key messages to incorporate
- Be responsible for your own SEO optimisations, content categorisation and structure, development, distribution and measurement.
- Create distinctive original content, substantiated with researched, credentialed facts that drive growth at all stages of the marketing funnel, including blog posts, landing pages, infographics, customer case studies, white papers and videos.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
- Be capable of writing content tailored to different channels at short notice: LinkedIn, Medium, Website, Press Release and other PR, Industry Blogs and Events
- Work alongside Autopilot’s Community Manager to support social media posting and community content, amplifying the reach of content to relevant audiences
- Achieve a level of Autopilot product competency to enable the crafting and publishing of effective customer journeys
- Coordinate with 3rd party copywriters and freelancers to manage content contributions.
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) in marketing, communications, journalism or related
- 3+ years experience writing in a professional capacity, either as a professional journalist or employed as a writer in content production for an agency or PR firm. Experience writing for D2C brands will be highly regarded
- Exceptional writing capabilities; able to articulate a compelling point of view, with a sharp, witty tone of voice that has a signature style
- Be willing (and able) to adapt a writing style to suit different audiences, and adapt content to fit different channels of distribution
- Showcase a track record of continuous improvement in writing ability over their professional career to date, and a broad portfolio of stories to present short and long form.
Perks of being an Autopilot’er
- Join a global team of remarkable, innovative and collaborative people
- Best Sydney CBD location
- Tech office setup, weekly yoga, company pool comps, massages, meditation room and unlimited* food and snacks on hand to keep you going!
- A place you can do your best work, develop and define your career for decades to come
- 28 O'Connell Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000