People Administrator at Baraja
Apply to Baraja
Apply to Baraja
Baraja is changing in the world of self-driving cars, through their invention of a new type of LiDar, called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors, this is Australia’s next $B tech company. With a team of over 90 across Australia, the US and China, Baraja is now seeking to find a People Team Administrator to join our team in Sydney. Our team has high-performing engineers and scientists that are investigating novel technologies for our autonomous vehicle sensors.
You will report to the Head of People and Culture.
What are we looking for
A role that will manage a variety of administrative duties, ensuring people operational processes and procedures are implemented and carried out. It requires exceptional attention to detail, organisational and adaptability skills.
And you be responsible for
- Ensure the HR people administration function offers high quality and consistent service across, whilst working to continually improve accuracy, processes and response times
- Prepare employment contracts and letters, ensuring 100% accuracy
- Manage and run payroll for all employees in the system
- Update and maintain the employee database, ensuring it is current and accurate
- Manage the HRIS system
- Keep the work, health and safety records and conduct quarterly meetings
- Ensure Baraja is compliant with our documentation and processes
- Handle the onboarding and off-boarding administrative and logistics processes through initiating key procedures for new starters and leavers
- Update payroll information and manage leave in the systems
- Send end of probationary period reminders to managers to ensure all new employees receive a formal review prior to the end of their probationary period
- Support the visa application process; track visa expiry dates to ensure employee working rights do not lapse and liaise with the agencies and immigration agent to initiate applications
- Assist in preparing human capital metrics and data to support the People Team for robust decision making and regular reporting
What you bring
- 4 + years of HR/People administration experience
- Experience in managing payroll systems and payroll management
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to manage a variety of different tasks daily; the ability to effectively prioritise own workload
- Concern for quality and pride in all work produced; consistently careful and methodical with a strong eye for detail to ensure accuracy and consistent delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing and open to accept and give feedback to grow and develop
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and strong work ethic who can work on own initiative; constantly thinking ahead; demonstrating a hands-on approach to all tasks
- Comfortable with ambiguity - flexible and adaptable with a willingness to learn and ‘jump in’ wherever needed
- Be team! We are a small, passionate about supporting each other to deliver the best all-around talent solution
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite products
- Must be legally entitled to work in Australia
What we can offer you
- The chance to build on your HR knowledge with a large global organisation
- Fantastic career progression opportunities
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk.
More jobs at Baraja
- 36 Bradfield Road, Lindfield, NSW, 2070