Software Engineer (Perception Tech Lead) at Baraja
Apply to Baraja
Apply to Baraja
We are enabling the future of self-driving cars. Our unique SpectrumScan Technology allows AI to adapt to the environment continuously, zooming into different regions and swapping scenes faster than anything in existence. We are venture funded by Sequoia China and Australia’s two leading venture firms (Blackbird Ventures and Main Sequence Ventures).
Our team is built from a core group of tech-savvy entrepreneurs who have worked over multiple global tech companies that have dominated their respective market places. This experience has now culminated in the launch of Baraja and supported by some of the brightest PhD graduates from Australia’s leading technical universities.
We are now looking for someone to lead, build and grow our Perception Team. Our existing team is beyond smart, with a humility that you experience once in a lifetime. That careful balance between expertise, passion and humility is what makes our culture great and provides our ability to build world class products. Our location enables us to focus on the end goal without being distracted, whilst accessing a global market of relationships and mentorships and providing an exceptional work life balance.
You will bring out of the box thinking, and a proven ability to develop creative solutions for difficult problems. A team player, who will work across our team and customers to develop new perception algorithms and improve existing ones from concept to production deployment.
What we need from you
- Experience with segmentation and classification in LiDAR point clouds, perception algorithms for real-time perception, machine learning for autonomous systems or similar,
- Experience in leading a small or large team of amazing engineers,
- Experience creating data visualisation and
- A passion, motivation and ability to build word class products.
It would be great if you also had
- Experience using Linux
- Experience creating and configuring virtual machines
- Familiarity with Point Cloud Libraries (PCL)
- Robot Operating System (ROS) experience
- Dealing with big data / distributed computing
- Experience with product development in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail)
What we can provide
- A team that has already built a product that is deployed with some of the world's leading auto teams who are leading the charge into fully autonomous vehicles,
- A culture that supports innovation, risk taking, failure and ultimately success,
- A balance between your work passion and family and personal passions to ensure we live the life we aspire to,
- Access to tier one global venture partners,
- World class research environment,
- Market salary with stock options, and
- Assistance with immigration and migration as applicable.
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above excites you, then let’s chat!
More jobs at Baraja
- 36 Bradfield Road, Lindfield, NSW, 2070