Chief Technology Officer at Brighte
Job DescriptionApply to Brighte
Brighte is Australia’s leading point of sale finance platform for solar, batteries & home improvements. We continue to expand into exciting new products and channels that support vendors and their customers in the energy & home improvement industries, and we have only just started on what we want to achieve.
Brighte is backed by Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital as well as Qualgro Partners.
We’re recognised as one of Australia’s leading fintech companies by the Australian Financial Review, Fintech Business Awards and KPMG & H2 Ventures in their Fintech 100 list.
About the role
We are hiring our first CTO to join the Brighte team reporting to the CEO and responsible for the leadership of the Product, Engineering, IT Operations and Data functions. This role will oversee the development of the Tech strategy, product roadmap and operations to ensure alignment with Brighte’s businesses goals as we grow and scale.
We are seeking an agile and entrepreneurial leader with strong people leadership, commercial acumen and technical capability who has experience in building and scaling high performing teams.
- Leading technology strategy and helping to scale product development as well as driving continued innovation
- Setting the vision, strategy and product roadmap for the Tech team to meet the long and short-term company objectives
- Working closely with the Head of Product, Engineering, IT Operations and Data teams to lead, manage and scale the team as well as build a strong high performing culture
- Empowering and inspiring the team to build solutions and enable stronger collaboration within Tech and across the company
- Gain a deep understanding of the structure and company technology to assess what is needed from the team for overall success
- Identify tech trends with a passion for customer driven design to ensure Brighte is leading the way in the FinTech space
- Define the Tech organisational structure and people plan within budget
- Maintaining a customer first approach when delivering IT projects for the company
- Leadership of solution architecture, tech stack, and development methodologies
- Define a technology roadmap that ensures the company platform will meet future needs of scale, performance and usability
- Being able to partner, collaborate, and manage expectations of the Executive Leadership Team and the Board
- Knowledge and ability to articulate key concepts in digital transformation, customer and employee experience and the application of emerging technologies
- Entrepreneurial approach and experience in building and scaling Tech teams in a start-up environment
- Proven strategic and people leadership capability with an ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision to your team and the company
- Strong functional expertise in Engineering, IT Operations and Infrastructure, Data and Product
- Highly motivated and capable to grow and expand in the role in accordance with business growth and expansion
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Pragmatic and analytical- able to understand, integrate and assess information relating to technological issues and opportunities within a complex and multifaceted environment
- Ability to confidently build effective partnerships with key senior stakeholders and negotiate and influence to achieve key objectives
- Knowledgeable of emerging technology trends, and have rich expertise of IT functions and infrastructure and application architecture
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a CTO role within a similar company
- Experienced of working in financial services, fintech or other regulated industry
- Proven experience of operating at a senior level within an IT environment
- Experienced in operational IT management of complex infrastructure, application, and hybrid cloud environments
- Experienced in incident and problem management, major incident management and disaster recovery
- Relevant IT professional or academic qualification at degree level or equivalent
- Have a strong alignment to Brighte’s principles and values which are Deserve the Customer, Brighter Together, Call the Ball, Be Human and Think Big Stay Green.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter.
- 56 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000