Business Development Manager at Bring Me Home
Bring Me Home is Australia's highest rated food rescue app. We connect people with discounted surplus food from cafes, restaurants, and supermarkets. Recognised as one of the top 10 startups to watch on SmartCompany, Bring Me Home has diverted close to 10,000 lbs of food from going to landfill and is now expanding!
If you are a client-oriented and charismatic salesperson, eager to drive environmental change, and eager to develop a market for surplus food in Sydney, then this is for you!
This is a great opportunity to join a high-growth startup and create an impact on sustainability.
- Continuously identify, build and grow a quality lead pipeline, manage and convert a large portfolio of partner accounts, whilst utilising sales channels and tools to drive results.
- Proactively and confidently sell Bring Me Home to potential partners through calls, emails, and in-person meetings. Constantly improving your sales strategies and pitch to maximise your conversion rate in the shortest lead time.
- Acquire and onboard new partners, and ensure all inquiries received are addressed.
- Take ownership of your profile accounts, ensuring that they are engaged and happy with Bring Me Home's platform, and help them maximise sales on the app.
- Work closely with the founder to ensure targets are met and performance is aligned with a business growth plan.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop marketing plans for your partners within your portfolio.
- Manage time, tasks, deadlines, and set measurable and ambitious goals.
- Able to travel interstate for work.
- You are hungry for success and growth; you are a self-motivator, strongly vibe with the mission of Bring Me Home.
- You can make significant progress in working with team members and autonomously.
- You are client-oriented, confident in building relationships and working with people of different backgrounds and ethnicities. You get energised by talking to & interacting with people via text, email, phone or face-to-face.
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate and translate ideas into real life, and able to think and negotiate on the spot.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, managing multiple stakeholders simultaneously, extremely organised, agile and flexible.
- Have a strong understanding of the local food industry and market or understanding of the food tech space.
- Able to work autonomously and willing to take on challenges.
- Native English speaker or equivalent level.
- Bachelor degree and 1+ years of account management, business development, consulting, sales or other client-facing experience.
- Previous experience of working in a high-growth start-up the environment or similar business/ industry.
- Experience in developing a new market.
- Experience using email management, CMS/ CRM tools.
- Bilingual or multilingual is a plus.
About Bring Me Home
- Sydney, NSW, 2000
- Melbourne, VIC, 3000