Data Warehouse Engineer - Mandarin Speaker at Canva
Apply to Canva
Apply to Canva
At Canva, we work every day to make a significant positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform!
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million users in over 100 languages. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies with software engineering being the core part of who we are. Our Data Engineering team is seeking experienced Data Warehousing Engineers to help build out our new platforms and systems to support the continued growth of Canva's technical footprint.
Canva has recently opened an office in Beijing. We're seeking a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer with fluent Mandarin to be based in Sydney. The successful individual will be taking ownership of China data initiatives; building out the systems and architecture and be the liaison between the China office and Sydney HQ to ensure the integrity and security of our global data infrastructure.
- Liaise with engineers based in China with respect to national and global data initiatives
- Interviewing China-based Data Engineers for positions in our Beijing office
- Hands-on development, tuning, and overall management of our Data Warehousing platforms
- Responsibility for the continued development of new features, functionality, and optimisation from raw data ingestion, to the access and modelling layer, through to maintaining the visualisation layer
- Providing functional and technical subject matter expertise with respect to data management, business intelligence, and reporting to internal stakeholders across the China and HQ
- Responsibility for managing planning and delivery of Data projects and initiatives across the wider business; in conjunction with product teams across both offices.
Required skills and experience
- A demonstrated grounding in the Data Warehousing domain – experience building and managing large data warehouse and data mart environments in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Advanced SQL scripting skills as well as reasonable proficiency any of the following: Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience developing dashboards and reporting systems
- An understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem and related technologies: MapReduce, HDFS, Yarn, Hive, Presto, Impala, etc
- Familiarity with a wide set of Data Warehouse architectures and methodologies, schemas, and performance / optimisation principles
- Excellent written & and verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Fluent written and verbal communication in Mandarin
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs, team events and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate individuals
More jobs at Canva
- 110 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010