Financial Accountant at Canva
Apply to Canva
What you'll do
Apply to Canva
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 15 million users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
The finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams.
The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals.
- Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support decisions that impact the development of the business
About the candidate
As the finance teams duties and activities continue to develop and expand to support the growth of the business across multiple geographies there is now a requirement for a Financial Accountant to join the commercial arm of the Finance Team and take ownership of recurring transactional activities and the month end process.
The primary role of the Financial Accountant will be to ensure that the financial information of Canva is complete and accurate. This is achieved through timely execution of bookkeeping activities and associated cadences, including the preparation of accounting records and data which feed into the team’s reporting obligations. The role will work closely with the Shared Services Team in Manila to achieve Month End and transactional processing targets and also function to support recurring operational tasks around payments and asset management in Sydney.
We’re a fast moving business so change is frequent, you’ll be comfortable working in a hands on, dynamic environment and have excellent communication & negotiation skills.
What you'll do
- Ownership of the Group’s Australian, US and EU entity General Ledgers
- Ownership of day-to-day queries with the Shared Services team (coding queries, reviewing reports and coding, status of tasks completed)
- Final review of month end processing activities including fixed assets, prepayments and accruals performed by the Shared Services Team
- Oversight of balance sheet reconciliations and investigation of any accounting or transactional anomalies
- Assistance with spend analysis, appropriate departmental coding amongst other month end activities as required to support the month end close process
- Facilitating the Sydney Team and Group’s operational cash requirements locally with the assistance of the Treasury Accountant (Manila)
- Being the main point of contact for transactional queries from the Finance Team and other stakeholders
- Ownership of various projects including process improvements to support the scaling of the Finance function
What we're looking for
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a commercial or professional services environment;
- Previous knowledge and experience in month end processes and accounting adjustments, including accruals and prepayments;
- Analysis skills and the ability to identify and understand variances and trends;
- CA/CPA qualification or are studying towards qualification;
- Experience with Netsuite or other cloud based accounting systems would be an advantage;
- Advanced MS Excel is a bonus;
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Self motivated with a desire to learn;
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines, and;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Access to Inhouse gym
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered
More jobs at Canva
- 110 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010