Senior Frontend React / Fullstack Software Engineer at Canva
Job DescriptionApply to Canva
Canva recently announced the acquisition of one of the world’s biggest free content sites - Pixabay. Pixabay contains more than 1 million free images and videos with millions of people visiting the site across the globe. We have ambitious plans to make Pixabay the go-to source for any free content.
That’s where you come in.
You will be working on a greenfield project of building the frontend from scratch in React. You’ll be working on implementing modern and interactive designs to support new product and growth projects.
You’ll be working in a small, fun and nimble team that can execute quickly. As the team is newly formed, you will have the capacity to make important technical decisions, while also leveraging the collected knowledge and experience of existing Canva engineers.
- Work cross-functionally with the team to build a next-generation web application with a focus on an extraordinary client-side experience
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate with team members to figure out the best solutions to difficult problems
- Help to identify and communicate standard practices and methodologies for front end engineering for Pixabay
- Interact with our backend systems
- A good communicator in both written and verbal
- Experience working with React
- Experience in setting up build infrastructure and architecture for medium-scale frontend projects
- Being able to pick & mix decent trade-offs between custom concepts for Pixabay and the existing Canva frontend ecosystem
- Being able to grow and lead a smaller team of Frontend Engineers
- Experience in optimising frontend performance
- Experience building and leading engineering projects and teams
- Experience with Node/Python BE frameworks
- Experience with Typescript
- Working knowledge of Docker, AWS and CI tools
- Working within a remote team
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free yoga membership and on-site gym
- Generous parental leave policyPet friendly offices including a social area
- Sponsored social clubs and team eventsFun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided and visa application fees coveredLearn from some of Australia’s best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals
- Professional education leave & allowance benefits for use on courses, conferences, workshops, books etc.
More jobs at Canva
- 110 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010