Senior Product Manager at Canva
Apply to Canva
Apply to Canva
Here at Canva, we believe that talent goes beyond borders - In order to build a product that's used by millions of people from across the world, we want to foster and develop a workplace that represents this user base.
We’ve relocated Product Managers, Product Designers, Marketers and Engineers from across the world to build the future of Canva together here in Sydney. The team currently represent over 30 different nationalities, speaking more than 50 different languages.
We provide full support with visas and relocation costs for you and your family (see our relocation video here). All you need to do is apply.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, roadmapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations. Every day is a different challenge—one day you might be in a room full of product designers preparing research and UX flows, the next you’ll be leading go-to-market efforts in collaboration with founders and other teams.
Read our latest blog on how to be an amazing product manager here.
You'll love this job if
- You have 6+ years of experience in a product management role; for a consumer facing SaaS product, related online software product or digital product.
- You have experience mentoring the Product Managers to deliver on the strategy and build their key craft areas.
- You are constantly motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do and keep everyone on track, ensuring everyone’s doing their best. You can rally the team to work together and make sure everyone is working effectively to reach their goals.
- You have worked with engineers and have a solid understanding of web tech stacks. You’re familiar with the backend, frontend, and everything in between. You know that an engineer’s job is often to perfect the details; while your job is to map these details to the bigger picture.
- You feel at home when using data to make decisions—whether that’s analytics, user research, survey feedback, or in-person user testing. When presented with competing imperatives and a mountain of data, you can identify and organise clear, concise actions, arriving at appealing and practical solutions to problems.
- You are a problem solver who is excited by a challenge. You have a structured process to problem-solving and can take a problem—with many moving parts—and break it down into small achievable actions. You know when to be flexible though, and can alter your structure to fit the needs of the team and project.
- You are a user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to creating modern solutions, shipping new products, and addressing your users’ real needs.
- You are excited by the prospect of working directly on shipping simple, beautiful products. You’re aware of what it takes to get from envisioning ideas to delivering the final product.
- You consider yourself a bit of a creative. You enjoy pushing the limits of what is possible, dreaming up inventive solutions to solve challenging problems. You believe in Canva’s mission and want to be part of the team making it possible.
- You are a marketer at heart – You can demonstrate an understanding of the importance of growth, activation, and retention with respect to the platform and how that translates into user growth
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, and as such it’s likely that you’ll be working on new and exciting projects pretty often.
What you'll learn at Canva
- How to think creatively and collaboratively into the future. We are passionate, inspired, motivated individuals who are excited by big vision projects that give us all the opportunity to think like a business owner.
- How to push your creativity and passion to the limit, to solve problems that have never been solved before.
- How to think beyond specs and roadmaps – applying novel approaches and design thinking to the entire product development cycle.
- How to build products for millions of users around the world (190 countries, over 100 languages and cross-platform).
- How to be a visual thinker. When you think you’ve made something as simple as possible, at Canva you’ll learn how to make it even simpler.
- How to inspire and motivate other people to move fast, while still maintaining a high level of quality.
- How to take big bets to find 10x growth opportunities for a product.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free yoga and use of onsite gym
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals for you and your family
More jobs at Canva
- 110 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010