Social Media Manager at Canva
$80k in Surry Hills, NSW
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Launched in August 2013, our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool that is used by more than 10 million users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs (that’s ten designs created in our apps every second). And we’ve only achieved about 1% of what we’re capable of…
Our Communication’s teams mission to make Canva a household name across the globe. As Canva’s social media expert and evangelist, you will be responsible for developing and executing the global social media strategy for Canva, that reinforces our brand and values, and showcases the stories of our community and team.
You have a deep knowledge of organic and/or user generated social media content - this is not a pay to play role. You’ll be a creative and strategic storyteller with experience executing across all social media platforms. You’ll be a risk taker, embrace experimenting with new ideas, thrive in ambiguity and love big challenges. You’ll live and breathe social and cultural trends and be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to social platforms, viral campaigns, emerging conversations, brands, tools and social insights.
- Produce engaging and shareable social media content showcasing the stories of Canva’s team and design community. This will include product launches, case studies, events and quirky promotional content on what it’s like to work here
- Grow engagement in the form of followers, likes and shares across Canva’s key social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest
- Manage and work with the team to look at ways social media can support wider campaigns
- Identify trending topics for content opportunities and develop a content calendar to ensure a constant supply of relevant content
- Work with our Head of PR and Internal Videographer to devise creative and impactful campaigns that help build a sense of community, educate our user base, or build awareness of Canva’s team and culture
- Build and manage an internal content “newsroom” to produce timely content across our channels
- Liaise with other teams internally to align content and tone of voice and branding across individual social media profiles in selected international markets.
- Analysis of campaign performance across our global channels.
- Build and create our social media strategy by understanding different needs and cultures across our global markets.
- At least 3 years experience in an organic / user generated content social media strategy and execution.
- Experience developing brands across social media
- Expert knowledge of social media networks, and how best to leverage them (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Snapchat)
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
- Competitive salary from $80,000, plus equity options
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Generous parental leave policy
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
More jobs at Canva
- 110 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010