Technical Recruiter at Canva
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
The continued growth of the business relies on the ability of the Talent Acquisition and Team Happiness (HR) teams to work together to source, attract, and retain world-class talent. The Talent Acquisition practice at Canva is cutting-edge, leveraging the latest recruitment technologies and platforms and promoting a very data-driven approach to optimising the efficiency and performance of the Talent Acquisition function. As a result of this exciting growth, the People team is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to support Canva's recruitment lifecycle for software engineers.
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Canva success - we’ve hired some of the best engineers, designers, growth marketers and product managers from all over the world and it takes a curious, tenacious and creative recruiter to make sure we’re always discovering talent that will take Canva into the future.
As our Technical Recruiter, you will focus on recruitment initiatives in Sydney across our Backend and Frontend Software Engineering team. You will help profile, identify, attract, and assess both active and passive prospects and guide them on their journey to becoming Canvanauts. You will be passionate about delivering an awesome candidate experience and act as the primary advocate for candidates leading them through the recruiting and interviewing process, connecting them to the magic of working at Canva.
- You will share the Canva story, vision and culture with prospective candidates and act as a brand ambassador when representing Canva and job opportunities in the external marketplaces.
- Sourcing for active and passive talent in the market, with attention to software engineers and Engineering Leaders, converting them into successful hires
- Filtering and high-level screening of inbound applications across the various recruitment platforms and technologies utilised by the Talent Acquisition Team.
- The end-to-end guidance of individuals through Canva’s standard interview process – from application qualification, phone screening, to face-to-face interviews, through to offer and close.
- Work with recruiters and hiring managers to understand hiring needs and execute recruitment strategies for each position. This also involves managing stakeholders across Sydney and ensuring that there is clarity on the recruitment process and progress.
- Ensuring integrity of data and the free-flow of information by meticulous note-taking and utilisation of our applicant tracking tools and platforms
- Promote and support the data-driven talent acquisition approach and strive for constant collaboration across Sydney.
- Market mapping organisations with passive talent in line with the needs of Canva’s engineering team
- A fundamental understanding of technology concepts, specifically with respect to software development.
- 1-5 years Tech recruitment experience hiring Software Engineers preferably on a global scale.
- Previous experience as an internal technical recruiter, ideally for local and off-shore recruitment.
- Proven capacity to develop and maintain successful stakeholder relationships across the business and different stakeholders.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills – you will have to be comfortable writing job descriptions, email templates, engaging in candidate correspondence, and managing internal communication across the team.
- An interest in high-growth technology startup companies.
Competencies for success
- You are a highly motivated recruiter who loves what you do. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- You’re creative (and know that job adverts and LinkedIn are not the only channels of headhunting candidates). You love research and understand that the art of sourcing is always evolving. You get stuck on various platforms, technology tools, social networks and databases to uncover the best talent in the world.
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Use of our inhouse gym
- Education allowance
- Breakfast and lunch served daily
More jobs at Canva
- 110 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010