Junior/Mid Software Engineer at 99Designs
Apply to 99Designs
Apply to 99Designs
99designs is a real success story and a highly thought of workplace for good reason. We are a global creative platform that makes it easy for designers and clients to work together to make designs they love.
What makes us so great?
Well, there’s a lot of reasons! Our people, our collaboration, our motivation and desire to help designers work across borders with greater flexibility and freedom, allowing people to create their own success, and our pursuit of customer excellence; that every customer and creative is delighted by the 99designs experience.
These are brilliant opportunities for the devs out there who are keen to learn. You are not expected to know everything, honestly, most of the developers who have joined originally specialised in just one of these languages. You are in good hands and will be supported to grow your skill set. Or if you are a natural polyglot then this will be your dream!
What is the role?
As a Software Engineer at 99designs you’re at the heart of our mission to develop the most trusted global creative platform for professional creators to find and do work online. Your role in our agile product team is to deliver highly available, high quality, trustworthy and reliable software that makes our users happy, in close collaboration with members of the Engineering, Product, Design and Marketing departments. There’s lots to go at here, with the team focussed on acquisition, retention, core platforms, and APIs and partnerships.
99designs are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team as we continue to scale - we want people to feel like they belong and can bring their whole selves to work. Below are just some of the things we do to support our people:
- Career development and learning in whatever way suits you! Think paid R&D days, courses in technology, book clubs, lunch ‘n’ learns, formal and informal mentoring, conferences… however you learn best we've got you covered to grow your career.
- Culture of workplace flexibility and wellness. Study? Parent juggling? Need time to pray or meditate? Everyone has different needs and we will support you in the best way we can. Some people work remotely, some with flex start and finish times, some want time to exercise or meditate...the common thread is it’s all about your individual needs.
- Support for working parents. Paid parental leave policy for both primary and secondary carers, which can be accessed part time and is in addition to government payments.
- Support for the community. In addition to 99nonprofits, 99designs provide one paid volunteer day a year for you to support a charity and the community as you see fit! Proud Code Like a Girl internship partner, host of Girl Geek Academy hack days, & maintain popular open source projects like https://github.com/99designs/gqlgen and https://github.com/99designs/aws-vault, + support a range of other community groups. It’s in our DNA.
The techy bits
AT 99designs we mainly use modern tech: Golang, Typescript/GraphQL/React on AWS.
Every team is fullstack and looks after an end-to-end, vertical slice of the 99designs product. This means that you own part of the front-end, back-end, storage, and operations - the goal is for teams to be in control of delivering a great end-user experience.
Again this is an opportunity to learn and spread your wings. You are not expected to be an expert in all of these areas from day one - additional training and support is provided.
A little bit about you
- Most importantly you have a positive mindset with equal parts curious, collaborative, you take initiative and ownership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An eagerness to learn new languages, frameworks, and tools.
Just a little bit curious?! Let's have a chat to see if this can be your happy (work) place.
- 41-43 Stewart Street, Richmond, VIC, 3121