Data Engineer at Afterpay Touch
Apply to Afterpay Touch
Apply to Afterpay Touch
From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime! We’re on a mission to be the world’s most-loved way to pay.
We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world-class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the opportunity
Afterpay is looking for a Data Engineer to be part of the Global Data Engineering and Platforms (GDP) team. The purpose of the GDP team is to design, develop, and maintain a scalable and easy-to-use Data Platform that helps Afterpay on its journey to become the world's most-loved way to pay. This is a great opportunity for someone with a DevOps or software engineering background who is experienced in cloud infrastructure and wants to build their career within a fast-growing, global company.
What you’ll be doing
- Procuring, Processing, and Providing data from myriad sources in the GDP
- Writing secure, clear, well-structured, and performant code
- Keeping up-to-date with advances in the Data space and sharing learnings with the team
- Participating in after-hours and weekend support rotations
- You love data engineering and get excited talking about data, analytics, and AI/ML
- You love being aboard a rocketship with a high performing team
- You relish customers and embrace change as customer’s needs evolve
- You are a team player, which means being respectful, willing to co-create and trust your team
- You believe in delivering useful solutions quickly and iteratively– we don’t care for perfection that takes months to show value
- Data Engineering skills (SQL, Python, ETL, data pipelines, etc.)
- Usual data concepts like Data Lake, data warehousing, ingestion patterns, etc
- Experience in Cloud infrastructure, AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience with Git/Jenkins, JIRA
Bonus points for
- You have a background in distributed data processing
- Spark (we use Python and Spark for big data processing)
- Experience with Apache Airflow/Luigi/Azkaban
- Software Engineering/Dev-Ops background
- Understanding of AI/ML fundamentals
Sign me up!
Interested? Click ‘Apply!’
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
About Afterpay Touch
- 406 Collins Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000