Product Designer - Checkout at Afterpay Touch
Apply to Afterpay Touch
Apply to Afterpay Touch
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including E-bay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay’s ambition is to become the world’s favourite way to pay for what we call life’s little essentials – a new way of purchasing designed for and around our customers’ interests. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire.
Afterpay’s Checkout is our principal product experience. Key to our customers' shopping journey is the streamlined, transparent and innovative payment service we provide. As the leader in the BNPL space we are constantly seeking and seizing opportunities to evolve and innovate on our core product experience.
We are looking for a passionate and talented designer who has demonstrated the use of human centered design principles to create and ship new digital product experiences.
Our designers are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who create new products, services and experiences. You’ll work closely with product and technology partners during discovery and define phases to gather and translate data, research and insights into usable and engaging applications though ideation sessions, design sprints and creative collaboration.
The role requires a seasoned design crafts person, with hands on skills and the focus to turn conceptual thinking into tangible solutions for critique and user feedback. You will iterate quickly and have responsibility for your designs all the way through hand off and delivery to our engineering partners. You will be the dedicated design voice through the development and deployment phases, seeing your work in the hands of end users.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Working closely with product and business partners to discover and define customer and merchant pain points and opportunities for product enhancement/innovation.
- Solving complex design challenges through the participation in and curation of design programs covering research, journey mapping, sketching and high fidelity design of solutions.
- Designing and socialising low/medium fidelity solution prototypes for validation and feedback.
- Handing-off validated product designs to development teams and overseeing implementation.
- Informally mentoring junior design practitioners in best practices, processes, and methodology.
- Understanding success metrics and legal requirements for checkout experiences.
- Designing best practice checkout experiences that empathise with customer's needs and given situations.
- Creating scalable designs that cater to localisation.
- Be the subject matter expert for all checkout variables.
- Designing end to end checkout experiences optimised for conversion.
Who are you?
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in the digital product design field.
- Experience working autonomously and leading independent initiatives.
- Strong design point-of-view and comfort with challenging personal opinions.
- Experience participating in / facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions.
- Ability to turn conceptual and abstract thinking into tangible product design solutions.
- Ability to communicate ideas and design decisions effectively.
- Craftsperson, strong skills, and experience in Figma and design prototyping tools.
- Experience working from and contributing to established design systems/design language.
- Experience working with design technologists or prototypers.
- Experience working hands-on with engineers and product managers in a fast-paced environment.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks paid leave. When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
More jobs at Afterpay Touch
About Afterpay Touch
- 406 Collins Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000
- 126 Buckingham Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010