Senior Manager, ANZ Merchant Success at Afterpay Touch
Apply to Afterpay Touch
Apply to Afterpay Touch
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Senior Manager, ANZ Merchant Success, you’ll be responsible for the growth, development and expansion of Afterpay’s small business portfolio across Australia and New Zealand, both online and instore. You will also develop a passionate team of Relationship Managers and Executives. We’re looking for a proactive and strategic leader who is passionate about partnering and delivering true incremental value to small businesses across Australia and New Zealand.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin.
- Lead and develop Afterpay’s small business growth and retention strategy that will drive long term profitable partnerships that deliver for our Merchants, our Customers and Afterpay. This will incorporate the development and implementation of the Relationship Management strategy across Australia and New Zealand
- Manage and develop both Relationship Managers and Relationship Executives providing coaching, mentoring, attending merchant quarterly review presentations and conducting weekly 1:1s, quarterly development plans and developing a strong team culture. You will also support your team to deliver and execute annual account plans
- Deliver a proactive customer growth strategy to drive merchant usage, engagement, satisfaction, and revenue growth at scale. This incorporates being the key Sales lead into key programs such as Afterpay’s Support Small Program
- In conjunction with Afterpay’s Director SMB & Health develop a best practice framework to drive growth, engagement and advocacy amongst Afterpay’s small business portfolio across ANZ and formulate a global playbook
- Support the SMB Relationship managers to identify and help scale SMB best practices across a variety of areas including Operations, Risk Management, Data insights, Staff Training, Visual merchandising, product/global expansion and Marketing plans
- Deliver merchant value by negotiating incremental partner benefits across extended external networks & associations
- Be a critical key stakeholder in key SMB global projects which establish the foundations for Afterpay's Growth and Retention functions in new and growing markets
- Lead SMB Merchant advocacy within the Afterpay business. Foster cross-functional engagement internally across Sales, Marketing, Product, - Legal, Risk, Analytics, Operations to ensure our product and offering continues to evolve and exceed both our merchants and their customers’ expectations
- Deliver quarterly presentations on your portfolio results and future plans to senior leadership across the globe
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You will have a passion for growing and supporting small businesses across ANZ
- Your head will be abuzz with things we should be doing - leading teams in driving sustainable growth and long term relationships with your SMB partners and developing Sales/Relationship individuals
- Your strategic thinking, planning and commercial business acumen will be put to good use
- You have a professional, positive and infectious attitude and are able to build strong partnerships
- Your professional and clear written and verbal communication will be tested
- Previous SMB retail or payments/financial services industry experience will be advantageous
- You are degree qualified
- You follow through, you show up, and make it happen, fast and also be a true smb advocate both internal and externally
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.
More jobs at Afterpay Touch
About Afterpay Touch
- 406 Collins Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000
- 126 Buckingham Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010