Software Engineer - Android at Afterpay Touch
Apply to Afterpay Touch
Apply to Afterpay Touch
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
As part of Afterpay’s Mobile Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for developing software to enhance the Afterpay Mobile App delivering value to Customers. We are building the Afterpay native apps from the ground up. We’re using the latest Android technologies like Kotlin Coroutines, Architecture Components, etc. We love writing clean code and at the same time take user experience seriously. If you love working with UI and motions, this is a place for you!
What you will do
- Develop Android app using Kotlin and related open source technologies
- Be open to using eXtreme Programming (XP) engineering techniques of Software Development
- Foster the use of agile practices of Software Delivery
- Work in cross-functional Product teams responsible for the discovery, delivery and validation of product features via microservices, APIs, web and mobile apps
- Work with the software engineering team following our software development principles, guided by the Team Lead, Staff Engineers and Architects
- Peer review design decisions, code, automated tests and documentation
- Participate in the ongoing design and architecture of our evolving core platforms, services and applications.
- Ensure that solutions developed address a variety of concerns, including performance, scalability, availability, accessibility and security
- Collaborate with product managers, experience designers & business stakeholders to build efficient and reliable feature implementations that will delight our customers
- Ensure that story estimates and code reviews are completed in a timely manner
- Collaborate and build strong working relationships with Mobile Engineers in our other engineering centres and teams in San Francisco
- Experience delivering and supporting Android applications with Android Studio, Kotlin and Gradle
- Experience with Android’s architecture components
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines and Flows (bonus)
- A naturally curious and self-driven individual
- Participate in designing our strategic mobile architecture
- Solid understanding of how to build testable, decoupled, maintainable code
- Experience working within an agile environment
- Experience with version control, preferably Git
- Exposure to Continuous Integration & Delivery will be highly regarded
- Willingness to learn and apply new methodologies and techniques as required
- An understanding of best practice UX design would be well regarded
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. Once we are back in the office you will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Southbank and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks paid leave. When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices
More jobs at Afterpay Touch
About Afterpay Touch
- 406 Collins Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000
- 126 Buckingham Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010