Credit Underwriter at Brighte
Apply to Brighte
What we offer
Apply to Brighte
At Brighte, we believe every Australian deserves access to a sustainable and comfortable home. How do we help Australian’s achieve this? We build innovative mobile and web platforms, responsible and seamless financial solutions, and relationships with customers and vendors that last. Our addressable market is massive and rooted in a positive mission that empowers Australian’s and the growing and critically important sustainability market.
We have been recognised for our incredible work in diversity and inclusion and have a leadership team that is passionate about building a high performing culture where people feel a sense of belonging. If you’re keen to work for a mission-driven company, with smart people who live and breath Brighte’s values, have a read below.
What you'll do
Brighte is looking for a Credit Underwriter to join our high performing Applications team. This team is growing quickly so the opportunities to have impact is huge. The leaders at Brighte will rely on your to provide sound, high quality recommendations on complex deals. In order to do this you'll assess and review the credit and fraud risk of vendors applying for accreditation, ensure the applications are compliant, and let us know what you think is best.
In this role you will be responsible for evaluating financial information and risks as well as making decisions on loan grants of unsecured consumer credit applications (regulated & unregulated). The role will also manage regular loan reviews and provide assistance with vendor accreditations. You will manage the credit underwriting process from end to end within delegated lending authority – including verifying application data, analysing credit reports, property searches and researching businesses.
Outside of executing on applications, you'll be partnering with leaders to work on projects that will impact process improvement and ways of working. You'll assist colleagues through knowledge sharing and coaching of team members.
Who you are
- You're happy to work in a high paced, energised environment that gets back to customers quickly. At Brighte we have a high volume of applications and the team is quite proud of our response times.
- You're passionate about finding the best outcome for the both the customer and the business.
- Team collaboration comes naturally to you and you have experience partnering with other teams to understand your customers better.
- We are a startup and don't have it all figured out yet. You like bringing big ideas on process improvement to help us grow.
- You've got a deep understanding of the implications for working within a regulated environment and about 3 years of lending delegation experience.
- It would be great if you've got experience using FinPower.
- You've got examples of when you've demonstrated Brighte's values in your personal or professional life: Deserve the Customer, Brighter Together, Call the Ball, Be Human and Think Big, Stay Green.
- Understanding of relevant regulatory legislation under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act (2001) (ASIC Act), Competition and Consumer Act, The Anti-Money Laundering, and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act and Privacy Act; and National Consumer Credit Protection Act as well as Australian Privacy Principles
What we offer
- Employee Share Options. We want to build a successful company which means sharing the potential upside together.
- Flexible working. It's all about balance so feel free to work from home when you need to.
- Generous Parental Leave Policy. We couldn't get where we are today without our families.
- Diversity and Inclusion. Winning Best Workplace Diversity award at the 2020 Finnies.
- Employee Assistance Program. For confidential financial, work, relationship, or wellbeing support.
- Recognition and Reward Brighte Stars program. We drive a culture of recognition and celebration by shining a light on our accomplishments and everyday victories.
- Nutritious food. A well-stocked pantry including free breakfast, daily fresh fruit, espresso coffee, yoghurt, Tim Tams and many more snacks to make work feel a little more like home. We've also got kombucha, beer, and wine on tap.
- End-of-Trip Facilities. Cycle in to work, lock up your wheels, and have a shower in our end of trip facilities with towel service and hair dryers.
We’re a high performing team and proud to be backed by investors who believe in our mission and the opportunity we have ahead of us. Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital as well as Qualgro Partners continue to help us scale our teams and products.
We’re recognised as one of Australia’s leading fintech companies, having been ranked the 6th fastest growing Technology Business in Australia in the Deloitte Fast 50/500 (2020) and winning the inaugural Finder Green Award (2020). We’ve also been recognised as a leading FinTech by the Australian Financial Review, Fintech Business Awards and KPMG.
- 1 Margaret Street, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000