Data Analyst at Deputy
Apply to Deputy
WHAT YOU'LL DO
HOW YOU'LL DO IT
Apply to Deputy
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
Deputy generates billions of data points on how shift-work businesses run, and how Deputy itself runs, and we need your help turning those into insights that can help our customers simplify shift work.
Deputy’s Data & Analytics team works with nearly all parts of the business to help the company better understand our customers and make data-driven decisions. You will get exposure to teams as diverse as product, marketing, growth, operations, and more, supporting them in making better, more data driven decisions.
You will get exposure to commercial business decisions, data engineering, analytics and data science, and presentation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyst on the Data & Analytics team with exposure to a variety of problems and challenges across the business
- Deputy has millions of data points on how shift-work businesses run and we need your help in turning those into insights that can help our client business run and grow effectively
- Help design, build and maintain reporting of the business’s performance and monitor trends in key business KPIs, providing valuable insights to relevant departments aiding business performance improvement
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders as well as departmental leaders and executives fostering a relationship of trust and playing an advisory role in the use of data to improve performance and product strategy formulation
- Work on large technical projects such as our overhaul of marketing automation and attribution
- Perform data analysis to support our business strategy, creating insightful reports around product usage, marketing performance and other critical activities, uncovering insights/trends in user behaviour and product feature usage across all web and app platforms
HOW YOU'LL DO IT
- 1-2 years experience in a Data Analytics or similar technical role
- Logical thinker with business acumen - think commercially and execute technically
- Strong knowledge/mastery of SQL (we are on Snowflake at the moment)
- Experience with BI data viz platforms like Tableau, Chartio or similar, and possibly more customised data viz through Python or R
- Programming: working knowledge of Python, Scala, Java, or similar general purpose language. You will be using Python a bit. Knowledge of statistics & ML concepts also a plus
- Very strong investigative and problem-solving skills, with an ability to marry together different data sets and make reasonable assumptions to get to a conclusion
- Strong communicator who can turn data into actionable insight
- Team Player - results-driven individual, highly creative and analytical, a strategic thinker, having an ability to work comfortably in a collaborative setting, highly organised, and an ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now
- 1-3 Smail Street, Ultimo, NSW, 2007