IT Operations Engineer at Deputy
Apply to Deputy
Some of what you'll do
What you've got
Apply to Deputy
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
About the team
The Corporate Engineering team at Deputy delivers technology, strategy and solutions to the business, and our core mission is to enable and empower Deputies with technology. We are a small and mighty team that’s nimble and flexible, with a global impact. We work on unique and challenging problems across the business, from the best seat in the house. We balance our time between projects, strategy and support. Our primary job is to “keep the lights on,” keep Deputies connected, and our work is critical to the business.
About the job
As an IT Operations Engineer on the Corporate Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for support of our employees and the day-to-day operations of our corporate infrastructure at Deputy. This is an internal role, supporting the corporate business, and our customers are internal employees and teams. You’re excited about support — our customers are the folks that build the product, support customers, and run the business. You thrive on variety, from troubleshooting an iPhone app, to finding the right cable, to learning how to admin a new system, and all while being happy to help. We have a ton of work to do, so you’re keen to help find areas to jump in and improve.
Note: You must be based in Sydney. While we are remote-first now, this will require local hands-on work at times.
Some of what you'll do
- We’re all Mac. You know how to troubleshoot, use the terminal, and how to make macOS work in the enterprise. We don’t have any Microsoft infrastructure.
- You’ll own support, and you’re obsessed with providing an amazing support experience to our employees -- via #slack, email, tickets and in-person sometimes (we’re remote-first through 2020)
- You’ll help with on-site work at our HQ in Sydney, including office builds, moves, or logistics work, and you’ll provide in-person support (when and where it’s safe to do so.)
- You’ll design, test, build, and document programs and policies and tools, and contribute improvements to existing knowledge with your experience and background.
- You’ll support and manage SaaS applications — Dropbox, GSuite, Slack, 1Password, etc.
- You’ll work with and manage Mac endpoint and mobile device management tools -- MDM, EMM, etc.
- You’ll Manage and contribute to improvements on IDP and SSO tools (GSuite, Okta, etc.)
- Document your solutions, create help articles and automate busywork.
- Manage, respond to, and fix critical incidents and issues as needed, through to completion.
- You’re okay with some on-call and after-hours work (rarely, and only when necessary)
- You’re comfortable juggling help desk tickets (such as JIRA and Zendesk)
- You’ll work on projects over sprints, and document your work in tools like Asana or JIRA (you’re familiar with agile and JIRA or Asana)
- You’ll work to your OKRs and can explain KPIs -- you’re comfortable with setting your own with minimal guidance, and can align them to the team and the company goals
What you've got
- Everyone in IT comes from a different background or experience. We’d love to meet you if you’ve got most of the following experience:
- 2+ years in a regional or global role in/with international offices (such as a site lead for an office); You’re an individual contributor (IC) on a team.
- You’ve provided remote support to people in multiple countries, across time zones, and you’re familiar with shipping and receiving hardware and customs.
- Exceptionally great communication skills, be it video conference, chat, written -- you write well, in a clear, friendly, and concise manner, and you’re sensitive to different cultures.
- A desire to provide a great experience for others - when they win, you win.
- You take security seriously, and you know what 2FA is.
- Startup or tech company experience is an advantage
- Some familiarity with GCP or AWS
- You understand networking fundamentals and basic troubleshooting — TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, routing and switching
- You know how to self-manage, and can accurately scope your project, priorities, and work across multiple teams in the business. Strong organizational and task management skills; you’re organized and understand what a deadline is.
- You’re comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and sometimes making a decision without all the data
- You’ve got a certification or two, such as Net+ or Apple Certified.
- You’re physically located in Sydney.
- Finally, if you don’t have everything on this job description, but you think your experience is a great match, go ahead and apply, and tell us why you’re a great fit!
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup
- Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company-wide Development & Coaching
- Deputy Toastmasters Club
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
- Food/ Drinks/ Snacks
At Deputy, we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspectives and skills.
Interested? Apply now.
- 1-3 Smail Street, Ultimo, NSW, 2007