Agile Product Owner - software & hardware technology at Emesent
$80k - $110k in Pullenvale, QLD
Apply to Emesent
Apply to Emesent
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role presents a great opportunity for a talented Product Owner with exceptional ability to ship the right thing. You will be responsible for ensuring that Emesent products deliver value for our customers, our users and the company. You will have a technical background with demonstrated successes in bringing amazing products to markets in highly-demanding, high-growth environments.
As Product Owner, you will take pride in maintaining a strategic, prioritised and well groomed backlog. You will work with the Product Manager to identify user needs, define scope and advocate strongly for customers. This is a great opportunity to work on an exciting product suite with cross-functional delivery teams and build your Product Management career.
Salary $80,000 - $110,000 + ESOP + super
- Be an ambassador for the product
- Workshop features with the teams to break down work into appropriate tasks
- Refine the problem to be solved and corresponding acceptance criteria so tasks are clearly understood by the development teams
- Manage the product backlog, prioritising and updating it based on evolving business requirements
- Ensure that the product backlog is visible, transparent, clear to all and used effectively
- Actively participate in Standups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives and Showcases
- Monitor product delivery and evaluate product progress; identify and address issues
- Work closely with QA to ensure quality outputs
- Work closely with the Product Manager to:
- Challenge the roadmap to ensure that all planned work creates value for the business and for our customers, based on solid research and evidence
- Understand the market, the competition, and your users’ pain points
- Translate user requirements into a product vision that is aligned to the business objectives, and communicate it clearly to development team members
- Coordinate releases with the marketing, sales and customer support teams to ensure effective delivery to new and existing customers
- 4+ years in a technology company delivering products to a high standard in demanding environments
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding and empathy for end-to-end customer experience
- An agile approach to Agile
- Highly familiar with the use of Atlassian tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder management capabilities and ability to lead as a peer
- Engineering or other relevant degree
- Experience in architecture, engineering, mining or infrastructure industries
- Experience with hardware development
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Competitive remuneration package with superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other snacks provided
Be a part of a dynamic company that values its people and delivering revolutionising technological solutions.
Emesent embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
More jobs at Emesent
- 1 Technology Court, Pullenvale, QLD, 4069