SEO Specialist at Envato
Melbourne, VIC and Remote
Apply to EnvatoApply to Envato
In line with our long history of flexible working, Envato is continuing to hire throughout the COVID-19 period, with all interviewing and on-boarding currently taking place virtually. All of our existing and future employees around the world will continue to Work from home for the time being, supporting our creative community to thrive through these ever-changing times.
What you’ll be doing
Envato’s SEO Team is looking for an SEO Specialist to join them in a permanent full-time role. We are open to candidates who are located in Melbourne (and looking to be based at our HQ when we are back in the office), and also across Australia & New Zealand to work remotely.
Reporting to the SEO Manager you’ll join a team of SEO Specialists who champion organic search performance and take ownership of assigned websites to identify opportunities to gain and improve organic traffic and engagement while mitigating risks to organic traffic. This is done by advising the business on strategic, tactical and technical updates to the Envato group of websites, as well as working with various teams to ensure successful implementation.
The SEO Team ensures the performance of the Organic Search channel by mitigating risk and exploring growth opportunities. Organic Search is the most successful Marketing Channel across a number of websites within the Envato ecosystem. This senior position will identify opportunities to gain and improve organic website traffic and engagement while mitigating risks to organic traffic.
- Champion SEO with internal teams to ensure organic search is at top of mind
- Identify and mitigate risks to existing traffic and engagement
- Collaborate with internal Development teams to ensure new releases adhere to due-diligence processes and SEO best practice
- Identify opportunities to grow traffic and engagement in line with business success metrics
- Collaborate with Content Marketing team to define, prioritise and track performance across content marketing platforms (eg: blog, informational and educational content on various sites, Elements and Market)
- Weekly and monthly reporting including competitive analysis
- Identify opportunities to test SEO theory and practice
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on ad hoc requests
- Maintain up to date understanding of digital landscape and share knowledge with internal teams
- Take ownership of the organic search performance of one or more of Envato’s websites
What we’re looking for
- Minimum five years experience in an SEO position, championing best practice SEO, ideally in eCommerce
- Demonstrable experience implementing SEO strategies on large (100,000+ page) website(s)), as well as content marketing
- Strong technical SEO understanding
- Strong analytical capabilities, including both eCommerce and Organic Search KPIs
- Proven ability to drive buy-in for recommendations through sharing SEO best practices and supporting with quantifiable data with stakeholders
- Self-starter with experience working with various stakeholders to achieve positive results
- Inquisitive mindset, willingness to learn and try new things, and a team player always open to collaborating
- Experience with conducting SEO experiments
- Experience with aggregator websites
- Experience in international SEO
- Experience in the domain of trading in creative assets
- High level knowledge of other marketing channels’ strategies (social, affiliate, paid)
Envato was founded by designers, for designers
Envato’s story began in 2006 with the launch of its first marketplace, FlashDen. Our founders were on a mission to find a better way for web designers to be paid fairly for their templates. This core idea was expanded into similar marketplaces for graphics, audio, video, web themes and plugins, and reinforced with a huge network of educational content, creative tools and complimentary services.
Today, we’re home to over 600 staff in many locations. Over 700k customers purchase content with Envato every month, and the creative community has earned over $1billion USD through our platforms. We’re certified as a BCorp and consistently rank highly in Australia’s Great Place to Work survey.
We’re here without a single dollar of investment or debt, because we’ve been profitable every single year.
What we offer
- Purpose and Profit — Envato is a purpose-driven, BCorp certified business. We strive to have a positive impact on the lives of all of our stakeholders, from content creators and customers to our staff and the broader community.
- Global Impact — Envato helps anyone unlock their creative potential. Millions of people around the world use Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- Diverse and Inclusive — Envato consistently ranks high in Australia’s Great Place to Work survey. We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato, through a caring, engaged and flexible work environment.
- Personal Growth — At Envato, personal development and career progression can take many forms. Envatians are supported to shape their careers through our Apprentice Developer program, secondment opportunities, investment into development programs, or formal mentoring and more.
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you. We are considering applicants to either work remotely from anywhere Australia & New Zealand, or eventually join us in our Melbourne HQ.
More jobs at Envato
- 121 King Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000