Data Architect at hipages
Apply to hipagesApply to hipages
hi. We’re hipages.
hipages provides a better, smarter way to connect tradies and consumers and get the job done well.
Our purpose is to make home improvement effortlessly efficient, creating happier homes. We build technology that solves the frictions of an industry ready for optimisation and are on a mission to bring simplicity, trust and create a seamless experience for our tradies and homeowners.
To date, over two million Australians have changed the way they find, hire and manage trusted tradies to get a job done around their home by using hipages. Our team thrives on bringing simplicity and trust to the tradie/consumer experience.
hipages. Change the way you tradie!
As the Data Architect for hipages, a private technology company, your role will be to drive value from data platforms and information architecture by analysing the data needs across business initiatives and ensuring a seamless data flow across applications. As a member of the data centre of excellence, your role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise-wide information technology strategy, ensures its alignment with hipages’ business strategy and the delivery of business capabilities through technology. You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the business including data scientists, product managers and senior business stakeholders to devise strategies, prioritise, and deliver business value from our data assets.
- Ensure data is a first class citizen at hipages by actively creating, owning and driving strategic plans around data architecture and design to improve products, infrastructure, processes, or the organisation
- Shape the data culture across the wider business by supporting self-serve data capabilities, providing mentoring & coaching peers and evangelising data democratisation across the organisation.
- Unlock and amplify value from hipages’ data assets by identifying, integrating and documenting relevant data sets within the existing data ecosystem, and enabling teams to discover and self-serve data needs.
- Evolve hipages’ data stack to tackle challenges and realise opportunities by providing data capabilities to cross-functional teams, maturing infrastructure to develop data products leveraging machine learning and artificial intelligence and staying on top of emerging technologies.
You’re a confident communicator who’s at ease working with a broad range of stakeholders. You love to solve business problems and help drive internal and external relationships. The successful candidate will also contribute to the technical vision and direction for the organisation and loves to work with a striving team to establish good delivery practices.
- Degree qualified in Computer Science
- 5+ years experience Information Technology and Management (Data Warehousing, Data Lake, Business Intelligence etc )
- 3+ years of experience as an Data Architect/Solution Architect/Technical Lead
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Experience in writing infrastructure as code using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Experience leading projects in an agile team (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience leading projects across multiple departments, such as Sales, Service, Marketing, Product, Engineering, etc
- Solid background in multiple programming languages, e.g.Python, Scala, Golang, etc.
- Experience in implementing CI/CD pipeline
Why join the hipages family?
Our team members really are at the forefront of our business and we empower our team to have a voice, make a difference, help lead the business forward and keep hipages one of the best places to work in Australia. A dedicated high performance team, huge investment in your career development, superior employee benefits and participation within our Employee Share Program are just some of the many reasons to join us, not to mention the free brekkie and the most amazing office in Australia, located in the heart of Sydney CBD!
What you can expect:
At hipages, no two days are the same and our pace is fast! Interesting, meaningful and challenging work within our diverse and inclusive ‘one team’ culture will have you leaping out of bed in the morning. We regularly refer to our company values to guide our behaviours and empower our team to feel free to be themselves so they can unleash their maximum potential. We are down-to-earth people who genuinely work together as a team to "make it happen". This is hipages' DNA.
We also love celebrating - everything! Birthdays, babies, big wins, little wins and anything in between; our company celebration events are legendary! Check out our Instagram #hipagesteam to get the picture.
Does this sound like the place you belong? Welcome home.
hipages. Change the way you career!
- 255 Pitt Street, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000