Senior Platform Engineer at hipages
Apply to hipagesApply to hipages
hi. We’re hipages.
hipages provides a better, smarter way to connect tradies and consumers and get the job done well.
Our purpose is to make home improvement effortlessly efficient, creating happier homes. We build technology that solves the frictions of an industry ready for optimisation and are on a mission to bring simplicity, trust and create a seamless experience for our tradies and homeowners.
To date, over three million Australians have changed the way they find, hire and manage trusted tradies to get a job done around their home by using hipages. Our team thrives on bringing simplicity and trust to the tradie/consumer experience.
hipages. Change the way you tradie!
As the Senior Platform Engineer for hipages, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the hipages platform and technical infrastructure. You will work closely with fellow software engineers, product managers, and other key stakeholders to design and build innovative solutions to complex technical problems. You will be influential in defining the future of the hipages software architecture as we continue to evolve. As a member of the Platform Team, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and DevOps tooling. But most importantly, you’ll be joining a top-notch engineering team!
- Building infrastructure and platform tools to support future growth
- Developing APIs to enable integration with customers and third parties
- Implementing compelling DevOps processes and tools to support hipages product delivery
- Participate in discussions of system architecture
- Help coach more junior team members
We are looking for applicants that are able to get your message across clearly and succinctly. You enjoy working through complex issues and use data/people and technology as a primary focus to problem solve. You maintain and focus on developing relationships, whilst regularly ensuring you are contributing to a positive team atmosphere.
You are able to articulate the tech vision and direction of the team and are a gatekeeper to ensuring that the team is adhering to high quality engineering standards and practices. You demonstrate clear expertise in your technical area and are constantly improving the code structure and architecture within your team.
- Requirements :
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid background in multiple programming languages/frameworks, e.g. Node.js, PHP, React.js, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience with containerisation technologies, preferably Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Technical Experience:
- Experience with DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Knowledge of security best practices
Why join the hipages family?
Our team members really are at the forefront of our business and we empower our team to have a voice, make a difference, help lead the business forward and keep hipages one of the best places to work in Australia. A dedicated high performance team, huge investment in your career development, superior employee benefits and participation within our Employee Share Program are just some of the many reasons to join us, not to mention the free brekkie and the most amazing office in Australia, located in the heart of Sydney CBD!
What you can expect:
At hipages, no two days are the same and our pace is fast! Interesting, meaningful and challenging work within our diverse and inclusive ‘one team’ culture will have you leaping out of bed in the morning. We regularly refer to our company values to guide our behaviours and empower our team to feel free to be themselves so they can unleash their maximum potential. We are down-to-earth people who genuinely work together as a team to "make it happen". This is hipages' DNA.
We also love celebrating - everything! Birthdays, babies, big wins, little wins and anything in between; our company celebration events are legendary! Check out our Instagram #hipagesteam to get the picture.
Does this sound like the place you belong? Welcome home.
hipages. Change the way you career!
- 255 Pitt Street, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000