Country Manager, Australia at Homage
Apply to Homage
Apply to Homage
Are you passionate about impactful products that people love and that make a real difference in people’s lives? Are you a growth-oriented and communicative person who’s entrepreneurial at heart and loves working in fast paced environments? Do you want to be an early employee at a well-funded startup where you can make a huge difference?
Your work at Homage will directly impact and improve the lives of people receiving care, people delivering care, and the families that are normally left in the dark about the entire caring process. We're looking for strong team players, people who can work with a very diverse team (product managers, engineers, care operations, sales folks.) We’re proudly backed by a group of top local investors, including Golden Gate Ventures, 500 Startups and SeedPlus.
Homage is looking for a Country Manager strongly aligned with its mission to transform the way people access and get home care and improve their lives through personalized care. You will manage, build and lead a dynamic team to own and deliver the end-to-end Homage Care Solution in across different cities in Australia. You will be responsible for the recruitment and engagement of our Care Professionals (nurses, caregivers and therapists) and drive Supply Strategy and Operations in the region while overseeing the entire care delivery process. This also involves identifying the opportunities and addressing the challenges of growing Homage in new cities in Australia, working with Homage HQ to define the country’s roadmap and priorities. Together with your functional partners, you will set transparent objectives, and execute the Homage strategy on the ground. You should be a natural born leader, highly capable of influencing and driving decisions with an analytical approach. Your communication skills should be exceptional with proven ability to coach, support and inspire a team.In this role, you will be the primary voice and ambassador of our business, operations, and customer relations in the new cities. Externally, you are the face of Homage in Australia and will be responsible to build partnerships and relationships with public and private stakeholders, including government officials, agencies, as well as enterprise level partners from healthcare to financial institutions.
- Responsible for managing operations within the new country and city. This involves taking responsibility for performance targets aligned with HQ.
- Oversee Supply Operations and facilitate recruitment, on-boarding and engagement activities of Care Professionals
- Work closely with Homage team in HQ to plan, support and execute local strategy to scale up local operations successfully, including core functions such as Supply Operations, Care Network, Community and Marketing, PR, Product and Care Advisory (Sales)
- Be hands on with initial end-to-end care delivery, including qualifying Care Professional assignments, care reporting and care quality
- Proactively identify new business development opportunities within the market and build relationships with potential partners in the healthcare space
- Build the brand on the ground with all given levers of brand, communications, Care network partnerships etc. and grow both our mission and the business
- Be the primary advocate and expert for the new country within Homage
- Inform and support local strategy by meeting with government officials and local associations
- Steer the office by ensuring everyone knows the strategy, embodies the values of the company and has the right opportunities to develop and strive
Skills & experience
- 6+ years of professional experience (preferably at least 2 years in healthcare industry) of which 3+ managing cross-functional teams
- Experience in market expansion in Australia is a bonus
- Understanding of the healthcare industry is a major plus
- Background in Entrepreneurship, Operations, Marketing / Business Development or Management Consulting
- Proven track record of having worked in a rapidly growing international organization
- Strong network to senior stakeholders in the few key major cities in Australia
- Experience in B2B, B2C and marketplace business models with strong operational experience
- Ability to lead through influence in a cross-functional international environment
- Fluent in English
- Very strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Be a natural born leader with a passion for people, be able to yield the team to get the very best out of them - hire, motivate, empower and retain the best talent available
- An undeniably positive attitude, extreme dedication, and ability to act as a role model to Homage and its values
- Self-motivated, proactive, hands on and able to work autonomously if required
- Have a passion for caregiving while leading with empathy is a major bonus
- Willing to travel and be temporarily relocated whenever we launch in a new city.
- Ability to work independently and remotely
In other words,
- You are highly-motivated and want to create huge impact in a fast-growing startup
- You are an enthusiastic team player with a proactive attitude
- You are a stickler for excellence and possess a keen eye for details
Homage is a complete home care solution that combines the curation and training of care professionals with smart technology to provide on-demand home caregiving to seniors, allowing them to age at home with comfort, dignity, control and grace. Using a web and mobile technology platform, Homage efficiently matches care recipients with qualified care professionals and schedules caregiving on an on-demand basis to provide recipients with home nursing care, assistance with daily activities and therapy services. Homage works with both private clients and public organizations to provide high quality care to seniors.
- Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000