Business Operations Analyst at HotDoc
Melbourne, VIC and Remote
Apply to HotDoc
Apply to HotDoc
HotDoc is excited to welcome an exceptional Business Operations Analyst to help us improve the health of everyone in Australia. As a Business Operations Analyst, you are responsible for building and improving HotDoc’s internal company operations - driving projects, owning their outcomes, and ensuring business change. This position requires a combination of process optimization, project coordination, administration, and execution skills.
As a Business Operations Analyst at HotDoc, reporting to the Head of Operations, you will tackle a wide and dynamic range of needs supporting your teammates to ease the growing pains encountered in a scale-up. You won’t just be drawing flowcharts, filling in spreadsheets, or writing documentation — you’ll roll up your sleeves and jump in to help first-hand.
- Partner with HotDoc's internal stakeholders to analyse, document, and deliver high-value cross-functional projects.
- Design and implement new business processes to reduce organisational friction and enable the teams & projects you support to use their resources most effectively.
- Work closely with Business Operations Engineers to build and deploy technical solutions to business problems.
HotDoc is on a mission to improve the healthcare experience for everyone in Australia. Over 16,000 GPs use HotDoc to boost patient loyalty and trust whilst helping patients take a more proactive role in their healthcare. We take pride in helping 1 in 5 patients in Australia connect with their GP. Over the past twelve months, we’ve doubled in size, and we’re really excited about the growth that is still ahead of us.
What you must have
This position would suit both a high-potential early-career candidate looking to learn a lot quickly, as well as a more experienced Business Analyst, Project Coordinator, or Project Manager who also wants to be hands-on.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing new processes that improve business outcomes.
- Demonstrated track record of high productivity & work output.
- Proven ability to thrive in a small company environment.
- Proven ability to learn new skills and technologies to deliver the most effective solutions.
- Proven ability to break down technical work into discrete pieces.
- Extraordinary communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
What we’d love you to have
- As a product-focused health tech startup, we take a technology-first approach to business operations. Programming, scripting, or automation experience is a big plus.
- Project management qualifications — although HotDoc doesn’t currently follow any particular delivery methodology, it’s an area we are maturing.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key project metrics.
- You'll get to make a huge impact on the health of everyone in Australia.
- Remote (±3 hours time difference from Melbourne) and flexible work from home options.
- Lots to do in and out of work with end-of-year parties, team events, table tennis competitions, BBQs and a yearly Talent Show. Recently we’ve been conducting weekly remote social events, including work-sponsored wine tastings, zoom pottery lessons, and paint-along-with-Bob-Ross nights.
- A health & well-being subsidy that can be used for a gym membership, personal training, or yoga.
- A generous EAP program with assistance to help everyone be at their best, at work or at home.
- We have a beautiful, green office on the Yarra River in Melbourne’s CBD that boasts the best balcony view in Melbourne, a kitchen full of fresh fruit, snacks, tea, and a serious coffee machine. We also have some particularly talented bakers here!
- 525 Flinders Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000