Head of Finance at HotDoc
Apply to HotDoc
Apply to HotDoc
Used by 1 in 5 Australians, HotDoc is helping patients get better access to healthcare and take more proactive charge of their health needs. We take pride in helping over 16,000 GPs across Australia boost patient loyalty and provide proactive, sustainable healthcare to their patients.
Over the past twelve months, HotDoc has become Australia’s market leader and we’re on the cusp of launching into new markets with the overall ambition of improving the healthcare experience for everyone in Australia. To help us on this journey, we’re looking for a proven leader to develop and execute our finance strategy who is highly values-driven.
As Head of Finance, you will be accountable to
- Work closely with the CEO to make highly calculated strategic decisions based on financial risk/reward
- Pick up the reins of all our financial reporting for the Board and other shareholding reporting. Hold the management team accountable with financial facts
- Sharpen the tools of the finance team to streamline its processes including billing
- Generate insights and influence company strategy through SaaS metrics and trends across different parts of our healthcare customer base
- Manage financial risk and mature our finance function such that we are well-positioned for a potential IPO
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate the following
- Proven finance leader who has successfully scaled a finance team and has strong people skills and high emotional intelligence
- While it’s great if you’ve worked with one of the Big Four, we want someone who has also pulled up their sleeves and sweated for a business they’ve helped to scale
- Across your finance career, you’ve had to steer the ship during the good times and the bad and feel comfortable in either market circumstance
- Success in working with a strong leadership team to be able to influence outcomes at scale. (You enjoy a good argument with your CEO and can hold your own).
- You are more excited by the carrot of equity than salary, i.e., you want to see the true returns of your contribution come to pass from a successful exit and not just take the safest road
- Previously scaled the finance function of a SaaS business
- Previous systems implementation /migration of an ERP
- Successful exit under the belt
- Great sense of humour
We've adapted pretty well to a COVID world. You'll be invited to many Zoom-based events including (but not limited to) Bob Ross inspired painting sessions, sourdough masterclasses, book clubs and wine tastings...! And once Covid settles down, you can also expect:
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit, snacks, tea and a barista-level coffee machine.
- End-of-year parties, golf and table tennis, competitions, BBQs and a yearly Talent Show. Friday nights here are also pretty great.
- A CBD location, that makes commuting a breeze with new bike lockup and lockers, and a stroll to Southern Cross Station or Flinders Street Station.
- Wellness at your keyboard, with in-office subsidised yoga and personal training sessions.
- A beautiful, green and light-filled office on the Yarra River in Melbourne's CBD that boasts the best balcony view in Melbourne.
- 525 Flinders Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000