UX Designer at HotDoc
$80k - $110k in Melbourne, VIC
Apply to HotDoc
We celebrate diversity, and welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills required, please submit a cover letter and an up to date CV.Apply to HotDoc
HotDoc’s mission is to improve the health care experience for everyone in Australia—already more than half of Australia’s GPs and 1 in 4 Australians use the platform. Our technology helps better connect patients and doctors by making interactions between both parties accessible and easy across the entire patient journey, from bookings through to post-appointment follow-ups. Now we’re going one step further, developing products aimed at proactively improving patient outcomes by encouraging patients to play a more leading role in the management of their own health.
What’s in it for you
As a UX Designer you will help define and build products that have a real world impact on people’s health. You’ll be working in a fast growing team on a product already in use by millions of people every month. You will design products you can be proud of, and that our users love.
Our team takes a highly collaborative approach to the entire product delivery process. You’ll be working side by side with Product Managers and developers while you talk to medical centres and patients to uncover their needs.
We’re also very social and regularly hold team events such as video game and karaoke nights, outdoor activities, wine and beer tasting nights, and just generally having a laugh.
The salary range for this role is $80,000 - $110,000.
What will you be doing?
This is a full time permanent opportunity for a UX Designer to join the Product team at HotDoc!
You will contribute to the product team by building better products through research, design, prototyping, and usability testing. You will work closely with the Product team to validate product ideas with our customers and their patients, and design solutions that are intuitive to use. This will drive utilisation of our products without an increasing support burden.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating closely with designers, product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to solve complex challenges and craft meaningful and intuitive experiences that highlight our products’ capabilities
- Performing user research and customer discovery, through interviews, contextual inquiry sessions, ethnographic studies and usability testing
- Using qualitative analysis to drive design solutions and enhance performance metrics
- Synthesising and share research insights to stakeholders and product team
- Translating UX research to ideate and refine experiences to meet product goals
- Creating personas, journey maps, information architecture, wireframes, service blueprints, or relevant deliverables that express how users interact with the products
What you must have to apply for this role
- UX, design, or related degree/training from recognised training providers like Brainmates or General Assembly
- 2+ years of professional and related UX experience
- Ability to know your way around prototyping tools like Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe XD
- Experience conducting user research & testing activities (e.g. customer
interviews, usability testing, remote testing)
- Successful delivery of end-to-end product design on projects from ideation to
- Experience with SaaS, web apps and/or responsive mobile designs
- Experience working with engineers in an agile environment
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- You’re passionate about technology, health IT and/or SaaS
We’ve adapted pretty well to a COVID world. You’ll be invited to many Zoom-based events including (but not limited to) Bob Ross inspired painting sessions, sourdough masterclasses, book clubs and wine tastings. And once COVID settles down, you can also expect:
- Wellness at your keyboard, with in-office subsidised yoga, personal training sessions, Headspace membership, Health Coaching & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that gives you access to a dedicated psychologist.
- Our kitchen is full of fresh fruit, snacks, tea and a serious coffee machine. We also have some particularly talented bakers here!
- Your calendar is pretty full here - end-of-year parties, golf and table tennis, competitions, BBQs and a yearly Talent Show. Friday nights here are also pretty great
- A CBD location, that makes commuting a breeze with new bike lockup and lockers, and a stroll to Southern Cross Station or Flinders Street Station
- We have a beautiful, green and light-filled office on the Yarra River that boasts the best balcony view in Melbourne.
We celebrate diversity, and welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills required, please submit a cover letter and an up to date CV.
- 525 Flinders Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000