Content Strategist at LIFX
Apply to LIFX
Who should apply?
Apply to LIFX
Thinking about your next career move? LIFX offers a rare opportunity to work on the next generation of engaging IoT products, tackle exciting challenges across hardware, software and customer experiences, work with the world’s biggest technology brands and have your work touch the lives of millions.
LIFX has a diverse and collaborative team that spans the globe. We offer a competitive salary, great working conditions as well as the opportunity to work with one of IoT's leading brands. We value the work-life balance of our team members and offer flexible working conditions to meet your needs.
About The Role
This exciting role will lead the business in building a consolidated content vision and execution approach for all content and messaging across Digital, Design, Tech Support, Social, Marketing and In-App customer touchpoints driving consumers through the full customer experience lifecycle from need to advocacy.
The ideal candidate has the ability to do deep dives into various IoT topics and to create clear and useful content that will reach consumers. This also includes working with key stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to improve existing content and providing a technical framework for future content development. You should also have the ability to self-educate in all aspects of Search Engine Optimization and have experience driving projects in international markets.
You are an optimistic, flexible and creative professional with experience in communications, journalism, or marketing and a particular focus on the development and publication of technology and technical-oriented content. You can quickly understand and distil complex topics and create simple, accessible, relevant content for audiences across the investor/business, gaming and technology spaces and have a working knowledge of digital and social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit), as well as familiarity with research and publication practices, are a plus.
Serving as a liaison between Digital, Commercial, Design, Marketing, Social, Product, Tech Support and App/Cloud teams to facilitate/coordinate the drafting, review, and publishing of blogs, articles, Product Description Pages and Product use cases in alignment with product initiatives and marketing campaigns, creating a common tone of voice that connects everything together.
- Digital content development—including maintaining a high-quality content calendar and oversight of scheduling and delivery
- Campaigns—Contribute to digital and social components of all major campaigns, activities and advertising
- Copywriting—Write and revise in-depth guides, articles, reviews, and studies with a consumer focus and support for commercial and group level content requirements
- Natural Language—Understand, breakdown and explain complex and nuanced technical topics for consumers
- Research—Evaluate and conduct research across multiple sources of key findings
- Brand—Define and Uphold LIFX editorial and stylistic standards
SEO—Ensuring content is SEO aligned, including familiarity with:
- Optimizing current site content (page titles, Meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.)
- Backlinking strategies
- Keyword research practices and rank analysis
- Experience with semantic content optimization practices
Skills & expertise
- At least 4 years of writing experience, preferably in a digital publishing environment
- A proven ability to create clear and useful content for consumers and/or eCommerce platforms
- Strong analytical skills and experience using content analysis tools
- Writing of a high editorial standard that doesn't require extensive editing
- Experience working with sites that have multiple locales and languages
- Flexibility to adjust to an evolving role and steady change within our fast-growing company.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment and enhancement of library automation and technology.
- Strong communication skills
- LIFX has a diverse and collaborative team that spans the globe. We offer a competitive salary, great working conditions, wonderful offices as well as the opportunity to work with one of IoT's leading brands. We value the work-life balance of our team members and offer flexible working conditions to meet your needs.
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work at one of Australia’s leading startups, in an energetic environment alongside a passionate team, collaborating with the leading brands in technology on one of the most exciting product families in the smart home revolution.
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast-paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and LIFX partners from all over the world
- LIFX is the world’s favourite Wi-Fi smart light. Dive into millions of vibrant colours and personalise your home to suit your mood, music or even your style. LIFX partners with the leading consumer electronics brands for seamless connectivity with iOS, Android, Google, Nest, Amazon Alexa, Samsung, Logitech, IFTTT and many more.
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at LIFX, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
- 105-115 Dover Street, Cremorne, VIC, 3121
- Adelaide CBD, SA, 5000