Apply to mx51
About the role
Apply to mx51
mx51 is a payment technology provider focused on white label payment solutions to merchant service providers. Emerging out of Assembly Payments, mx51 the first Australian fintech to develop a bank-grade, modern, Payment as a Service platform. mx51’s deep knowledge of merchant acquiring and scalable payments technology helps payment businesses thrive in a disruptive world. At mx51, we are merchant experience obsessed and we're embarking on a global mission to bring innovative, reliable, merchant focused payment solutions to our customers.
Having established a successful partnership with Westpac in Australia, mx51’s unique capabilities and proven bank-grade technology is well-positioned to partner with domestic and overseas banks. In addition, mx51 was recently accepted into Mastercard’s Start Path program, an accelerator program for late-stage startups with a readiness to scale. As part of the program, mx51 will have a gateway to operational support, technology expertise, commercial engagement with Mastercard’s global ecosystem and opportunities to expand globally.
About the role
We build products that allow merchants to accept and manage payments in-store and online. This role will see you working across in-store technical for Point-of-Sales', dashboards, e-commerce payments and associated services.
You'll work closely with cross functional teams using a variety of technology. As a senior engineer you'll drive the technology choices and adoption, as well as have a large influence in the product roadmap and the way we architect and build a modern payment ecosystem.
We're looking for the following:
- Strong architectural understanding of web applications
- Strong technical expertise with Angular, React and node.JS
- Strong HTML + CSS
- Proven experience of delivering key features in a product
- High quality software standards with a strong focus on testing
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- A high level of written and spoken English
- A growth mindset, who loves to invest into the product they're building
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- A minimum of 4 years experience in web development
It would also be nice if you had the following:
- Experience working with Electron framework
- Experience working with Linux
- Strong automation skills is a plus (testing, building)
- AWS/Azure DevOps experience
- Broad programming experience - you might have dabbled in Mobile development or moonlight as a RasberryPi hacker
- Experience working in the payments industry
In return mx51 is offering:
- A company culture with an innovative mindset, where your ideas have the potential to create change
- A fun and flexible work environment
- A competitive salary package
- Employee Share Option Plan (subject to invitation)
- Employee referral bonuses
- The ability to Salary Sacrifice eligible purchases
- Paid parental leave for new parents to help you transition
You will be joining our awesome Sydney-based team who are committed to mx51’s values of customer focus, adaptability, curiosity, ownership, trust and respect.
mx51 is an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this role without bias to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Due to COVID-19, we have embraced remote working, which will continue. However, our staff do have opt-in choices to attend our Sydney office during the week.
Must have current permanent working rights in Australia (Australian or New Zealand citizenship; or permanent residency).
- 15 William Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000
- 201 Kent Street, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000