Technical Support Specialist - Japanese Speaking at PagerDuty
Apply to PagerDuty
Apply to PagerDuty
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfil our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Why we need you
PagerDuty is looking for Technical Support professionals to help our users when they contact our customer support. Your responsibilities will include technical support, billing, and some occasional sales inquiries as well. We pride ourselves in providing amazing support to our rapidly growing customer base. We strive to be very responsive and to go above and beyond for our customers. We measure our customer support success in terms of how responsive we are and how many expressions of love we get from customers. You'll play a crucial role in maintaining our friendly and personal rapport with our customers, even while the company scales in size.
Your responsibilities will include
- Taking all first-line calls from customers and identifying initial issues
- Successfully resolving customer email and phone requests through the use of varied ticketing, content and task management tools
- Identifying and tasking issues that require involvement from Engineers and Tier 2/Tier 3/Tier 4
- Improving our documentation and support.pagerduty.com by adding to our processes and documentation with your own suggestions and efficiencies
- Managing some billing and sales-related requests†
- Managing tickets from high priority customers on an on-call basis.
You REALLY need to have
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Hands on experience managing customer issues through a ticketing solution (such as Zendesk)
- Hands on experience in a technical support capacity, supporting customers using an Enterprise Software or SaaS Solution
- Prior experience taking calls directly from customers in a technical support capacity
- Be willing to work specific hours to provide SLA time-based coverage to our customers (for example 8 am-5 pm, 9 am-6 pm)
- The ability to write about technical subjects clearly and in a non-boring style
- The enthusiasm and patience to handle customer support and billing requests over the phone
- An excellent work ethic and attention to detail
It would be great if you
- Have any technical experience with coding, Linux, desktop support or HTML
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more
- Superannuation Plan
- Generous parental leave
- Paid holidays (20 days) in addition to 9 paid stat holidays and ample sick leave
- Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- 5 Martin Place, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000