Vice President Sales, APJ at PagerDuty
Apply to PagerDuty
How You Impact Our Vision
Apply to PagerDuty
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come. PagerDuty is the Digital Operations Management Platform for Real Time Work. Elevating Real Time Work to the outcomes that matter most. We advise and enable our customers to realize the full potential of becoming a mature digital business by assisting them in progressing through our operational maturity framework. Our framework, based on industry best practices and benchmarks, enables our customers to evolve from reactive to proactive to ultimately preventive in the resolution of incidents.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
We’re first in the hearts of our customers because our products and people are second to none. #ChampionTheCustomer -- at PagerDuty. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is seeking a well-rounded and highly motivated executive to fill the critical role of leading our Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) business. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you are the leader that sales representatives will follow despite all odds. You are motivating, highly disciplined, don’t need anyone else to run your numbers and reports, and can maintain the respect of your team while driving them to continually higher standards.
You understand what it means to work in a SaaS environment, on a month-to-month basis, constantly challenged to meet targets. You also understand what it means to manage a team of sales reps, in a very hands-on way. You enjoy being elbow-to-elbow on a deal, and guiding their focus or developing their skills. You are a true leader and demand a lot from your team.
You employ discipline, attention to detail, drive, and ensure people show up with their “A” game. You are a team player and wouldn’t ask anything of your team that you wouldn’t expect of yourself.
You are not your typical sales leader. Your customers matter just as much as your numbers. You have an intense curiosity and need to please and support the customer. This helps inform your approach to sales, knowing when to push a deal through and knowing how to be consultative. You know how to do this with both the customer and the other internal organizations at PagerDuty, who support the same goals.
Finally you aren’t afraid of a technical product and a technical customer. You have hands-on experience selling technical products and are someone who jumps right in, prioritizes product knowledge and will do anything you can to know this product and the customer, inside out.
How You Impact Our Vision
- You will lead a complex and frictionless sales team
- Build and develop strategic partner and channel relationships to drive scale
- You will develop new strategies and tactics for the sales team to sell value in digital transformation into C-suite executives and continue to expand outside of the developer community into adjacent spaces
- Create and drive new strategic go-to-market plans to meet company growth and market share goals
- Assess current sales organization (methodologies, team structure) and propose/implement necessary adjustments to optimize performance and build the infrastructure and incentives to facilitate aggressive growth and internal collaboration
- Recruit, inspire, lead, mentor and motivate the sales organization to capitalize on the market opportunity for PagerDuty.
- Lead the sales organization in growth, while at the same time roll-up their sleeves and work with team members in the field if needed.
- Partner closely with marketing, technical sales, business development, and customer success to create a strong and collaborative partnership that will ensure success in competitive positioning, market awareness and sales execution for customers
- Create a culture of performance, efficiency and focus within our sales organization, by outlining and sticking to best practices and processes that work effectively to get the most out of our enterprise sales team
- Enable and ensure strong and disciplined approach to outside sales at the Enterprise level; driving adherence to the sales process, usage and utilization of tools and technology, developing best in class capabilities around the entire lead to close process
- Be a customer advocate. While the numbers are always important, you have to know what it means to put our customer first and ensure their success. Our commitment and vision as a company is that our customers come first, and being a sales leader who can role model that commitment is critical to us
- Enterprise Sales and Sales Leadership - Demonstrated experience working across highly complex, global businesses. Has managed enterprise-focused sales organizations with responsibility for $$$ in revenues. Understands the hyper-growth environment and has proven success selling enterprise software across multiple verticals.
- Operational Excellence as a Disruptor/Challenger - Proven ability to implement metrics-driven, process-based best practices and methodologies that result in scalable success. Experience leading sales for disruptive companies, creating and successfully executing against an action-oriented strategy.
- Complexity on Go-to-Market – Leading a complex direct, inside and channel sales organization for a multi-product, cloud suite of solutions.
- Driving Transformation – Experience leading a company through extensive transformation and driving significant change in go-to- market processes and operations and building and developing strategic partner and channel relationships to drive scale
- People Manager and Mentor - Coach, mentor, develop and hire. Grow the team without compromising the bar for competency and culture fit, where people feel valued, are productive, and love their jobs. Be fluid and adaptive in creating processes that govern, control, guide, teach, inspire, and advise team members and peers.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more
- Superannuation Plan
- Generous parental leave
- Paid holidays (20 days) in addition to 9 paid stat holidays and ample sick leave
- Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- 5 Martin Place, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000