Mid/Senior Software Engineer at Qsic
Apply to Qsic
Apply to Qsic
At Qsic we’re using human curation, AI, and IoT devices to build a retail and commercial analytics platform that will enable clients to understand and predict customer behaviour. We’ve just closed a series A, and we’re looking to expand the team to help realise our ambitious 2021 goals.
Qsic is looking for a Mid/Senior Engineer with Python experience to join our engineering team, which builds, maintains and supports Qsic’s business intelligence platform used by some of Australia’s most-respected hospitality, retail and quick-service businesses. We are looking for the right person, someone with a focus on building scalable, cloud native APIs, to join a collaborative team to help build out our current technology stack for the future.
This is an opportunity for the right person to come into a one-of-a-kind, technology-rich company and have an immediate impact, to take existing Python applications and make them really shine, and to share your experience working in high-performing teams to help us build groundbreaking products.
If you’re someone who’s passionate about new technology and keen to join a fun and rewarding team, Qsic is the place for you!
- Build APIs and management layers for the IoT fleet that powers our customers in store analytics.
- Work with other engineers to take ownership and run new initiatives for new products and processes.
- Build fault tolerant and scalable solutions within AWS and on our IoT devices which are deployed in Australia and the US.
- Deliver security best practices and enhancements to our current API and IoT devices.
- Creating internal tooling for our customer support team.
- Work with like minded engineers who have helped shape Qsic into what it is today.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team on new project specifications and requirements.
- Take ideas and concepts, and turn them into new products and offering.
- Work with some truly amazing people and have a real impact on the future of Qsic.
- You are a Midweight Software Engineer looking to make the jump into Senior and have mentored junior and even midweight engineers and have recent experience in Python.
- You write tests to compliment your code and have a working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- You like to understand the problem before jumping into code and can work with others to come up with a solution.
- You are looking to expand your horizons and learn from those senior to you while mentoring those junior to you.
- You have recent commercial experience designing client facing or internal APIs.
- You are someone who stays up-to date with best practices and technologies and can bring these to the development team and management for discussion.
- You are self-driven, have excellent attention to detail, and can work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- You communicate clearly and concisely in both spoken and written formats.
We recognise that not everyone has all the skills we’re looking for – some are more important than others, and some can be taught. If you’re unsure about whether to apply, go for it!
- Training budget for you to work on your skills and time every month to do so.
- Room to grow as a developer, as well as teach those junior to you.
- Flexible working arrangements after initial onboarding period.
- Work with the latest technologies and frameworks.
- Great team and open environment.
- The ability to influence the future direction of the team.
- MacBook Pro, dual Dell monitors, and adjustable standing desk.
This is a full time role in Melbourne with an immediate start.
- 28 Flockhart Street, Abbotsford, VIC, 3067
- 18 Flockhart Street, Abbotsford, VIC, 3067