Engineering Manager, Experimentation at Rokt
Apply to Rokt
Outcomes & responsibilities
Apply to Rokt
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Australia in 2012, Rokt now also operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, HPGoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With annual revenues of more than $100M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in both Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ NYC and ‘Great Places to Work’ US. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series D in 2020, raising US$80m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development. We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
- We are looking for a talented and experienced engineering manager to join our new Experimentation team. Experiments is a new service that we’ve recently introduced into our Rokt platform to enable our partners and marketing brands to conduct experiments for rapid exploration and deep insights. This new service offers interesting challenges in terms of scale and interoperability.
- You will work closely with the Product team to influence and drive the vision of the product as well as aligning the engineering team(s) to deliver requested features in a timely manner.
- You will be responsible to manage a team of world-class engineers for their professional development in order to unlock their potential and grow their careers.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Work with the Product Manager to influence the direction of the product as well as collaborating with your engineering team to translate feature requests into clear technical requirements for prioritisation and implementation.
- Manage the operational support and incident recoveries to ensure the smooth and continuous running of the Experiments service.
- Manage and mentor the team by actively supporting them to develop their careers and to challenge them to step outside of their comfort zone for growth and development.
Capabilities & requirements
- BSc, MSc or above in Computer Science or equivalent, or similar experience
- 6+ years experience in Software Engineering with the last 1-3 years in an engineering leadership role
- Experience in managing teams in building and scaling microservices, front-to-back, in a public cloud setting, with AWS preferred
- Experience in employee performance and career growth management
- Experience with DevOps practices, CI/ CD pipelines and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience working with JVM languages, especially functional Scala, is highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator across all levels of the organization
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
More jobs at Rokt
- 300 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010