Corporate Counsel at SafetyCulture
Apply to SafetyCulture
Apply to SafetyCulture
SafetyCulture is looking for a corporate counsel to join our growing company and legal team. The role will report directly into the Head of Legal and will work closely with the sales, product, finance and other departments as required. The position is ideally suited to an experienced lawyer (3-6 PQE) with a broad understanding of general corporate law, SaaS technology, privacy, employment and information security issues.
Both part-time and full-time roles will be considered depending on the candidate.
- Providing high quality, strategic and commercially-focused legal and governance advice to all departments
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements including master service agreements, data protection agreements, reseller and partnership agreements
- Advising various stakeholders on SafetyCulture’s overall business objectives and needs in relation to corporate law, privacy, information security, and employment law
- Working with the product, sales, engineering, security, finance and people teams on specific projects
- Supporting, training and coaching each of SafetyCulture’s regional teams on contract negotiations and deal structure
- Designing and developing precedents, policies and system-based processes
- Monitoring legislative/regulatory changes and proactively identifying issues which may impact strategy, operational issues or business processes
- Liasing with external counsel as required
- Qualified to practice law in Australia
- 3-6 PQE
- Strong drafting skills, attention to detail and technical ability
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and manage simultaneous tasks and meet global deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate to different levels of stakeholders across the company
- Experience in a global SaaS or high-growth technology business
- Experience with privacy laws (including APP, GDPR etc.)
- Experience both in private practice and in-house
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- A range of flexible work arrangements to balance work and life
- An in-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance every day. Today there are more than 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. We now have more than 300 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised more than $150 million in funding, which will be used to evolve the product into an alerts platform for distributed teams, and expansion into insurance, sensors and IoT, and telematics for fleets. The goal is to have 100 million people using our products every day.
To all recruitment agencies: we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- 2 Lacey Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010
- 221 Sturt Street, Townsville CBD, QLD, 4810