Financial Accountant at Spaceship
Apply to Spaceship
Who are we?
Apply to Spaceship
At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 100,000 financial members and surpassed $500 million in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, we are looking for someone to help evolve the Finance function through the execution of BAU activities, as well as shaping the systems and processes to support Spaceship’s ongoing growth and the best outcomes for our customers.
With Spaceship Capital being the Responsible Entity for two managed unit funds (Universe and Origin), your role will cover fund accounting, as well as financial and management accounting for three corporate entities.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Account reconciliations such as cash, units, and other key fund accounts.
- Reviewing and preparing fund financials on a regular basis.
- Assisting in the production of income distribution payments, including tax calculations and unit holder statements.
- Supporting the preparation of half-year and year-end fund financial statements, and coordinating the delivery of information to fund auditors.
- Helping to improve and monitor the overall financial control environment of the funds.
- Booking and accounting for all necessary revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities for the corporate entities.
- Preparation of accounting reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts and other financial information, as required.
- Management of payroll process and employee expense reimbursement.
- Management of accounts receivables and payable including payment of corporate expenses.
- Preparation and management of budgets and cash flow for the business.
- Preparation of audited financial statements and coordinating the delivery of information to company auditors.
- Both leading and assisting projects to support Spaceship’s growth, prioritise customer interests, and ensure optimal efficiency in all finance-related systems and processes.
What are we looking for?
Spaceship is a financial technology company, and so we emphasise using technology to do things efficiently and effectively. As such, we are looking for a tech-savvy finance professional; someone who is equally proficient at the core fundamentals of corporate and fund accounting as they are with solving problems and picking up new technologies.
You will need to understand how Spaceship’s proprietary technology platform works, and contribute to its development by interacting directly with the product and engineering teams to ensure the work is scoped out and prioritised appropriately. And you will need to be an expert in understanding finance and accounting systems, to ensure they are fit-for-purpose and set up in the most efficient way.
Moreover, we are interested in:
- 2+ years of post-qualified experience in finance and accounting.
- Experience in corporate accounting and fund accounting.
- Qualification in Accounting and completion of CA/CPA.
- Delivery and execution focused.
- Knowledge and interest in financial markets.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of curiosity and problem solving; constantly seeking out better ways of doing things, while considering future scalability.
- Highly organised and detail orientated, with an ability to clearly and succinctly present information to different stakeholders.
- Ability to translate business objectives into financial metrics.
- Experience with SQL, or a willingness and ability to learn.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office (noting we are currently fully remote due to Covid-19).
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $50m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.
- 77 King Street, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000
- Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000