Senior Product Manager at THE ICONIC
Apply to THE ICONIC
Apply to THE ICONIC
At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
The Product team is made up of strategic thinkers leading and guiding cross-functional squads of Engineers, UX Designers and Data Scientists to ensure our customers and internal teams are delighted with every tech interaction. The team work with all areas of the business to set the strategy, roadmap and feature definition for all our tech products, from new features, existing systems and upgrades. This team are tech-savvy, business focused, big-picture visionaries with a passion for innovation.
What does success look like?
You will be working with one of Australia’s leading retail operating models. Your work will encompass innovative solutions like bespoke Android Apps for operations staff, data science algorithms for process optimisation, and robotics in our ASRS (automated storage and retrieval system).
You will lead a team of Product Owners to deliver upon your strategy to strengthen and simplify our internal operating model with technology - leading to improvements in customer experience, brand partner experience, and business profitability.
This is a portfolio-level role. You will be responsible for the end-to-end product roadmap for internal tech at THE ICONIC. This will require you to work together with senior leaders across the organisation to align on where we will invest our time, effort and funding for tech solutions. You will also be shaping up large initiatives to the point at which you can make a call on strategic priority.
Your team of Product Owners will enhance the capability of our internal systems and help to develop new functionality based on industry insights and learnings from our employees, customers, and suppliers. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You must enjoy spending time with internal customers to understand their experience and problems and find innovative solutions. But you will also have the common sense and practical experience to understand that awesome user experiences are usually created by more than just shiny system features - they require robust back end technology, business processes, data models and more. You understand how front end and back end systems, business processes, data, and product features all fit together to deliver value for customers and the business.
You will be working in an agile environment on high-quality software to support THE ICONIC as a leader in the online retail space. You will use your prioritisation skills to make the right calls on what needs to be addressed and when and how value can be delivered as early as possible.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years Product Management experience
- 5+ years Product Owner experience
- 3+ years Team Lead experience
- 5+ years in an agile environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated stakeholder and relationship management
- Demonstrated experience in mapping out an end-to-end operating model and improving it
- Experienced in taking a product from strategy, through to initial idea, implementation, support and continuous improvement
- Mapping processes and operating models
- Experienced with internal platforms
- Extensive experience with developing and managing stakeholder relationships
- Customer centric product design, development and delivery
- Ability to get things done, either autonomously or within a team, depending on the circumstances.
- Ability to methodically, with data, assess the value of a solution and evaluate it against others
- An understanding of how technology works (software, data, systems interfaces, APIs, infrastructure, etc)
- Understands the levers of revenue/cost/margin/profit
- A methodical approach to problem solving, and well-practiced toolkit of methods to apply to get to root causes and find the best solutions
- Ability to articulate complicated problems to people so they can understand and contribute to the solution
- Analysing quantitative data to pinpoint problems and opportunities, or prove that something is worth doing
- Can quickly articulate a business value/proposition, and influence leaders on strategic decisions
- Strong organisational skills
- Be a calm and measured influence within the team environment
- Maintains a user-centric approach in how to conceptualise and deliver solutions
Experience with the following a plus
- Financial analysis - cost, revenue, ROI
- Human centred design, UX
- Process analytics (Eg- Lean/Six Sigma)
- Working with data models, relational databases, SQL
- Working with ERPs, WMSs, and CRMs
Location and Key Extras
This role is based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.
More jobs at THE ICONIC
About THE ICONIC
- 338 Pitt Street, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000
- Alexandria, NSW, 2015