Director at Versent
Apply to Versent
Responsibilities will include:
Apply to Versent
Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services. Our solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, we've grown to over 360 family members both locally and internationally. With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and product, we are poised for significant growth in 2020.
The key purpose of this role is to focus on new net growth, customer growth and thought leadership for strategic pursuits/deals that result in long term consulting outcomes. This is achieved through the expertise that the role brings to the strategic customer conversations, partially in matching and shaping business requirements and outcomes.
The Director of Digital and Customer acts as the deal lead in the sales process and into client delivery to develop engagements into strategic customers, demonstrating Versent’s capability and leadership. This role is accountable for working directly with the customer to develop the solution and commercial outcome for the client engagements. This role also works to increase Versent’s sales pipeline for their practice through direct industry relationships and networking and understands the practices technology strategy and business requirements and outcomes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as credible partner in the Sales process, working with the account team to lead in new customers and build customer confidence in technical ability of Versent
- Working in partnership with the Directors - Customer and Client Account Directors to develop account strategies
- Scoping and understanding customer outcomes and articulating into commercial documents (Statements of Work, Request for Proposal, Bids and Tenders), measured through sales success rates. This includes leading and development of scope, deliverables, acceptance criteria, requirements, assumptions, dependencies and out of scope and proposed team roles in Statement of Works
- Accountable for leading and building the engineering and design outcomes in Proof of Value/Concept, YBR, customer demos or leading-edge engagements, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Responsible for establishing and leading the standardisation and reuse of specific material for RFPs, Tenders, Statements of Work and client engagement deliverables
- Maintain stakeholder relationship with key executive sponsors
- Actively engage with delivery teams across all engagements to ensure technical outcomes meet standards and practices, embed learnings and providing technical support
- Playing a lead role in driving, promoting and showcasing Versent’s open source offerings with the internal engineering community
- 15 years + experience covering the practice field/industry
- 5 years + experience highly desired in growth roles
- Establishes good relationships with customers and employees. Build effective external networks. Relates to people of all levels and manages conflict effectively.
- Projects credibility - gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise and shares knowledge with others
- Work strategically to realise organisational goals and take into account a wide range of issues across and related to the organisation
- Demonstrated thought leadership, strategy and direction and have an expert background in the domains that they support
At the core of what we do, we're an engineering company. We value our people more than commercials and put culture at the centre of everything. Some of the things we do to bring the team together are monthly music jamming sessions and game nights, wine/beer tasting, both family and Versent Christmas parties and weekly knowledge sharing sessions.
We embrace the notion of Family at Versent, working together to achieve outstanding success. We have monthly social events to bring everyone together, often supporting charity initiatives such as TourXOz and RUOK Day. We're supportive of bringing both kids and dogs into the office (which makes it a bit more lively!) and have a flexible work environment.
Versent values and behaviours
- People: We believe in a positive team with family spirit, because life is too short for anything else.
- Customer: We create remarkable experiences for customers and treat them as we wish to be treated.
- Quality: Be Artisans who care for their craft and lead change through continuous improvement.
- Reliability: Do what we say we will do when we say we will do it, every time.
- Transparency: Full disclosure, integrity and honesty in all things.
- Reciprocate: Give back and assist as much as possible, whenever possible.
More jobs at Versent
- 145 Russell Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000
- 6 O'Connell Street, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000
- Perth CBD, WA, 8000