Lead Cloud Engineer - AWS at Versent
Apply to Versent
Apply to Versent
Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services. Our solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, we've grown to over 360 family members both locally and internationally. With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and product, we are poised for significant growth in 2020.
Come join us and take a lead role in engineering the technical solutions that meet the transformational goals of the customer. A hands-on role working with both the internal and customers team of engineers, to take the lead on the detailed design work and support and uplift of the engineers.
A Lead Engineer must be able to independently contribute as well as to lead a small team to deliver the agreed customer outcomes.
- Technical Design – Positively and respectfully contribute thoughts into design discussions within the team, then accept consensus outcome and commit to completing works with grace. Feedback from team and Principal Engineer.
- Engineering – Act as lead engineer to solve problems using domain knowledge and contribute to engineering outputs to a production level quality, through the production of code artefacts. Provide technical leadership to other engineers through code reviews, technical guidance, training and provision of advice around best practices. Assist new Versent employees to develop their understanding of Versent engineering practices and approaches.
- Agile Delivery – Work within an Agile scrum, actively contributing to agile ceremonies and leading when required. Accept story allocated and take full ownership from genesis to completion, providing concise and accurate updates to Principal Consultant, completing story within timeframe to agreed specifications. Feedback from Principal Consultant.
- Ways of Working – Produce engineering outcomes that meet the teams Ways of Working including all documentation, unit testing coverage, code within quality scores, completing acceptance target. Alignment to technology frameworks and processes agreed by the team that are used within the engagement. Refactoring code and paying down tech-debt only within the delivery budget. Feedback from Principal Engineer.
- Team Contributor - Actively contribute to a positive, goal-orientated team culture (both Versent and with customers), engaging effectively with all team members in line with Versent Values to contribute to a successful and supported team environment. Team feedback.
- Provide AWS Cloud expertise for the cloud platform to ensure quality and reliable operations
- Architect and design solutions required for both the platform and workloads
- Actively take part in prioritising, planning, management and execution of work on the Cloud platform backlog
- Provide input into the scope, design and participate in the execution of new workloads onto the platform
- A strong understanding of AWS - you will have worked with it in a commercial environment and know it well.
- You will want to automate everything - never do the same thing twice! (Ideally you will have experience with Bash, PowerShell, Python, etc)
- Firewalling policies (Palo Altos), and AWS NACLs
- Proxy Technologies (Bluecoat, Squid, Netscaler)
- Linux Automation (puppet/RPM)
- Networking knowledge (routing/switching)
- Windows AD/Directory Services
- Developer Methodologies (Python, Github, Code Branching)
- Authentication (SAML, API GW)
- Enterprise Environment experience (ticketing, CMDB, change mgt)
- Awareness and consideration of the impact of change activities
- Ability to reverse engineer a system and understand the interdependencies between systems/components
- Understanding of network connectivity
- Experience working in a multi site global network
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
At the core of what we do, we're an engineering company. We value our people more than commercials and put culture at the centre of everything. Some of the things we do to bring the team together are monthly music jamming sessions and game nights, wine/beer tasting, both family and Versent Christmas parties and weekly knowledge sharing sessions.
We embrace the notion of Family at Versent, working together to achieve outstanding success. We have monthly social events to bring everyone together, often supporting charity initiatives such as TourXOz and RUOK Day. We're supportive of bringing both kids and dogs into the office (which makes it a bit more lively!) and have a flexible work environment.
VERSENT VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
People: We believe in a positive team with family spirit, because life is too short for anything else.
Customer: We create remarkable experiences for customers and treat them as we wish to be treated.
Quality: Be Artisans who care for their craft and lead change through continuous improvement.
Reliability: Do what we say we will do when we say we will do it, every time.
Transparency: Full disclosure, integrity and honesty in all things.
Reciprocate: Give back and assist as much as possible, whenever possible.
More jobs at Versent
- 6 O'Connell Street, Sydney CBD, NSW, 2000
- 200 Adelaide Street, Brisbane City, QLD, 4000
- 145 Russell Street, Melbourne CBD, VIC, 3000
- Perth CBD, WA, 8000